If You Could Pick A Time...

BlufPurdi

Right, bored off my tits, yes, tits, and this is all that I could come up with.  So don't hate me.   :tongue3:

If you could pick a time in history, any time, what would it be and why?

Trying to think of one for meself, but whilst I like history, I can't think why I'd want to be anywhere. 

Wouldn't have minded being in New York at the time of the attacks.  Terrible as it was, it must have been an incredible (true sense of the word here) to see.  Especially when the second went in, and everyone was already stood looking at the first.  Even the collapse of the towers would have left me in disbelief.  It was like it was snowing after that, unbelievable sight.  I still get gobsmacked when I see the footage, so being present would have knocked me right off me feet. 

A more historical time would have to be, fuck knows to be honest. 

I'll say 12th century, with big Genghis Khan.  I think I would have got on with him great, a true man.  ;)

Running around the steppes of Asia murdering all in sight, that would do me fine.  In theory. :D 

That wasn't much of an attempt, my minds gone flaming blank. 

Sorry if this flops, I'm just bored rigid.  Give it a shot though, you Satanists.

wouldn't have mind to have been around Jesus' time, to see what that was all about, or if he could really just do a finger trick like Family Guy stipulates...

for a footballing & boxing sense the 60's/70's would have been the best period (Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Garrincha, Best, Muller) (Ali, Frazier, Liston, Foreman)

" footballing & boxing sense the 60's/70's would have been the best period (Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Garrincha, Best, Muller)"

WRONG!!

you forget all the cloggers, the crap sides, the mud, the shit hole grounds and TV matches with one camera........................

" footballing & boxing sense the 60's/70's would have been the best period (Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Garrincha, Best, Muller)"

WRONG!!

you forget all the cloggers, the crap sides, the mud, the shit hole grounds and TV matches with one camera........................

always one bastard to piss on your parade  :tongue3:

Right, bored of my tits, yes, tits, and this is all that I could come up with. So don't hate me. :tongue3:

How long did it take you to become bored of your own tits?

nono.gif

Wanker. 

:D

It's a saying I believe I've heard, or maybe said.  You know I meant.

I would have liked to be around to see the keegan says as someone who can apprecialt good football, also I would have liked to have seen 'woodstock' and have been around in the 60's, just to see if it wasall that good.

That was just perfetion however.  ;)

WRONG!!

always one bastard to piss

on your parade :tongue3:

always dependable, me

Very interesting idea.

I`d fancy being around during the russian revolution, or germany between the wars.

Only problem would be fitting in with the politics.... bluebiggrin.gif

wouldn't have minded seeing the Stones live in 72

Ditto! Woodstock would be canny aswell.

However, i think i'd go to the roaring 20's (1920's :p) Don't know why, it just captures my imagination, the fashion, the dancing and what have you.

17th and 18th centuries wouldn't be too bad if rich, letting your teeth rot more than other people to gain status, binge eating on sugar and that being a good thing :o Again the fashions of the period.

I agree with NP - I would visit but not stay, because we are creatures of our age.

For me it would be the early Byzantine Empire. The lost architecture, the games, the gardens, etc. I think the bible convention would also be interesting. They rewrote a bunch of sections and decided whta should be in and OUT of the bible - I bet there were interesting politics in that one.

Seeing some of the Aztec empire would've been amazing.  All the 'sacrifices', blood going down the steps of the big temple.  Can't pretend to know its name mind you.  10,000 dead in a couple of days, hearts ripped out.  Lovely.  ;) 

When the Spanish arrived, I think.

There's loads of times I would fancy being around. You've gotta make sure you're in the right part of the society you want to join, though. Watch that TV series and you'd think Rome would be the dog's bollocks, but you wouldn't like it if you were one of the slaves :D