Nintendo Gamecube

Guest Open_C

Guest Open_C

Gamecubes, man.  I remember loving mine at the time when everybody else seemed to be down on them and playing with Playstations and Xboxes instead.  My console is long since gone, but I still had all my games which I've just started playing again on Wii.. but I've just realised that I wasn't actually playing any Wii games, so the whole wii front end thing was a bit of a waste of time.  So, I spent £19 on a new (well, new to me) one from amazon and I can't wait for it to arrive :cheesy:

What a system, man.  Super Smash Bros.  Wind Waker.  F-Zero.  Pikmin.  The Metroid Prime games.  Super Mario Sunshine.  PN03.  Ikaruga.  Luigi's Mansion.  Paper Mario.  The Star Wars flight sim games.  Super Monkey Ball.  Viewtiful Joe.  Animal Crossing.  Even Eternal Darkness :)  All it was really missing was Pilotwings.  I'm not sure I can think of a console that had more fantastic games published for it.  Never played Fire Emblem but I'm sure it'll have been wonderful :)

Any more love for Nintendo's purple square with the 'different' controller?  What were your top gamecube games?

Metroid Prime or Zelda Twilight Princess were probably the best of the games but I'll always have a soft spot for the creepy genius that was Eternal Darkness, man that game did atmosphere like no other and the bath bit still scares the shit out of me.

Guest Open_C

I had the purple one back in the day, and have bought another purple one now :memeyeah:

I'll have to get Fire Emblem, and re-purchase Wind Waker, although they're ridiculously expensive for ten year old games :anguish:

Oh, I forgot an honourable mention for Wave Race and Mario Kart, which were also great.  And Mario Golf :smitten:

Guest Open_C

I've still got Eternal Darkness, never played it nearly enough although my brother swore by it.  Did some brilliant stuff, though.. that bit where it looked like the console had reset itself midgame :thup: :thup: :thup:

Still got mine tucked up in the attic. Don't intend to sell it at all due to the fond memories. :smitten:

Thanks for the heads up, might just set it up again along the big boys. Been forgetting to do that for years.

Pokémon XD took up 1/8 of my lifetime in those days, iirc.

Guest Open_C

Still got mine set up along with Super Nintendo :)

Still got the SNES and the N64 in the attic with all the games, but have never felt compelled to get them back out again (SNES emulators are good enough, I guess, but thinking about it I might get the N64 out for a quick blast on Body Harvest and Goemon)

I had the purple one back in the day, and have bought another purple one now :memeyeah:

I'll have to get Fire Emblem, and re-purchase Wind Waker, although they're ridiculously expensive for ten year old games :anguish:

Oh, I forgot an honourable mention for Wave Race and Mario Kart, which were also great.  And Mario Golf :smitten:

ridiculously expensive luckily I got Wind Waker when it came out (mostly for the master quest ocarina of time as I'd finished WW in less than a week after  I had it on loan)  and as for the other  :whistle:

Guest Open_C

I've got some bizarre trade only edition two disk Zelda special with Ocarina / Majora's Mask (still never played), some of the old NES Zeldas and a 20 minute Wind Waker demo :)

There are not words to express how excited I am for this thing to arrive.  Was gutted earlier when I was looking through my old game stuff boxes and remembered I'd given the console to my brother >_<

I've got some bizarre trade only edition two disk Zelda special with Ocarina / Majora's Mask (still never played), some of the old NES Zeldas and a 20 minute Wind Waker demo :)

There are not words to express how excited I am for this thing to arrive.  Was gutted earlier when I was looking through my old game stuff boxes and remembered I'd given the console to my brother >_<

:kasper:

do yourself a favor and just play that game, I seriously rate it higher than Ocarina of Time as my favorite Zelda game (which is saying a lot considering the consistent quality of Zelda games)

Those all nighters playing Smash Brothers and Phantasy Star Online. Great console.

yup got ridiculously good at Smash Brothers because of constantly playing against mates (and I still lost most of the time)

Those all nighters playing Smash Brothers and Phantasy Star Online. Great console.

yup got ridiculously good at Smash Brothers because of constantly playing against mates (and I still lost most of the time)

Who did you use? My friend was ridiculous with Link. I was a Kirby kind of a guy!

Had some amazing titles, unfortunately for Nintendo it wasn't marketed very well and didn't have the 3rd party titles to compliment its own titles.

I problem they still have to this day and a problem that has existed since Rare packed their bags.

Who did you use? My friend was ridiculous with Link. I was a Kirby kind of a guy!

mixture of Link or when I wanted speed Young Link, little more satisfying than nailing the sword pointed down right on their head mid air to send them flying.

Paid stupid money for FE: Path of Radiance, Paper Mario, Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia a while ago. Also got Luigi's Mansion, Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, Resi 1 Remake and Rogue Leader but they were a lot cheaper. Never had one but have been catching up on Wii. What I've played so far has been great. :smitten:

Guest Open_C

Nah, I just bought a used one.  For £19 I don't mind that somebody has already touched it tbh :)  You'll probably struggle to find a new one for sale these days, I guess.  They sometimes have them in at places like CEX so you can go and have a look before you commit..

I loved Luigi's Mansion, such an under rated game.

Was one of the few titles that I enjoyed, along with the two Rogue Squadron games.

Still have mine (black) and a handfull of games.  Remember going to Electronics Botique in Eldon Square at about 8am on release day to pick it up, taking the day off work.  Only machine I've ever did that for.

Guest Open_C

I did that for N64.  I seem to recall it costing me about £500 and paying £70 for Turok :yao: