Places to live in Newcastle

Menace

So after moving out as a toddler, and only visiting for matches last few years; where's good and bad places to live in Newcastle?

Looking to buy my first property, if everything goes to plan.

So after moving out as a toddler, and only visiting for matches last few years; where's good and bad places to live in Newcastle?

Looking to buy my first property, if everything goes to plan.

Jesmond and Gosforth are probably the nicest areas in the city boundaries. Heaton and Benton are alreet n all IMO.

Depends on your budget and what you're looking for obviously. Living on or near the Metro line is handy n all.

If you're on a tight budget, Sandyford. Very near the city, decent enough neighbourhood from my experience, and not expensive. Plus Starbeck chippy is bloody lovely.

Byker and walker still a s*** hole?

Pretty much.

Walkergate/Walkerdene are fine.

Aye that's true, I was more thinking of the place around where my dad works which is like something off Training Day.

I enjoyed living down the bottom of Heaton near Hotspur primary just down from Sandyford, only takes about 10 minutes to walk through to Northumberland Street through the park. Was only there for a few months but I never had any bother, quite a few young families it seemed.

Guest firetotheworks

I live on St Thomas Crescent. I am living the dream like. I lived in Gosforth before here, which is lush as well, if overpriced.

I love living in Sandyford. Happily stay here if it wasn't for the fact that all the houses have been converted to crappy flats to make more money off students.

I still remember our so-close-yet-so-far encounter in the Blue Bell. It's etched in the history of time.

My word, that was a.... pub.

I love living in Sandyford. Happily stay here if it wasn't for the fact that all the houses have been converted to crappy flats to make more money off students.

Stay put mate, loads of student accommodation blocks are going up in Manors, Byker road area, alongside loads around SJP and even one in Gateshead. Places like Sandyford and Jesmond will return to family housing in the next few years.

Guest firetotheworks

Why on earth would Jesmond, Sandyford and Heaton return to family housing, when almost every single house and flat there is cheaper than halls, the landlords are making a killing, and there's a student hub and community in each of those areas?

Newcastle's shite mate. Come and live in Northumberland's great border town.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/c9/25/63/balls-of-prudhoe.jpg

:smitten: Haven't been to the New Loon Wah house for an age.

Stay put mate, loads of student accommodation blocks are going up in Manors, Byker road area, alongside loads around SJP and even one in Gateshead. Places like Sandyford and Jesmond will return to family housing in the next few years.

Assuming all the stuck-up rich kids who love Jesmond so much are going to want to move into halls?

Byker and walker still a s*** hole?

Pretty much.

Walkergate/Walkerdene are fine.

Aye that's true, I was more thinking of the place around where my dad works which is like something off Training Day.

I enjoyed living down the bottom of Heaton near Hotspur primary just down from Sandyford, only takes about 10 minutes to walk through to Northumberland Street through the park. Was only there for a few months but I never had any bother, quite a few young families it seemed.

I currently live on Warwick street so pretty near. Great place to live. Shit house though.

Assuming all the stuck-up rich kids who love Jesmond so much are going to want to move into halls?

It's the convenient forgetting of students only living in halls for 1 of 3/4/5 years I like best.