Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 4m

Confirmation that someone has carried out the intentional murder of Marseille Sporting Director's son Adrien Anigo today in Marseille.

Christ, RIP.

Aulas ?... JFK?...

As much as I dislike Hansen and Lawrenson they are being replaced with rsoles like Savage, Owen etc who are either gobshites or have no personality and no opinion.. and we all know a leopard can't change it's spots. I watched MOTD hoping to see some footy.. all I got was gobshites pontificating... the BBC must have to pay for the game footage so they've cut back.... it's like watching the Football league Show  :anguish:

Think I'll be watching the Toon on my other telly and giving all other footy a miss.

I'm gutted Hansen's leaving tbh. He's not as good as he was a few years a go, when he was really at the top of the punditry game, but he's still easily the best the BBC have to offer. Lawrenson on the other hand is appallingly bad, sounds like he genuinely doesn't like football anymore.

I always quite liked listening to him on MOTD, Lawrenson is just dreadful and MOTD needs a complete overhaul in the punditry stakes. I used to enjoy listening to the analysis afterwards but it's been gash for a while now.

Hansen is good at what he knows, he knows the defensive side of the game as well as anyone and I do enjoy listening to him pointing out mistakes in positioning and the like as he's usually bang on. The BBC do employ loads of useless shitehawks but for me Hansen isn't one of them, he'll be missed.

Just a little bit of football history

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-doodle-celebrates-fancy-footwork-of-footballer-leonidas-da-silva-8801116.html

Today's Google Doodle features a frame-by-frame sketch of Brazilian footballer Leonidas da Silva performing a 'bicycle kick' on what would have been his 100th birthday.

Click on the gallery above to see a collection of recent Doodles.

Born in Rio de Janeiro in 1913, the player was seen as the inventor of the bicycle kick after first using it in a 1932 match between his club Bonsucesso and Carioca. The unusual move caught on and was most notably used during his time playing for São Paulo in a 8-0 victory over Juventus.

He played for Brazil's national team 19 times, scoring 21 goals and continued to delight spectators with his acrobatic displays on the pitch until his retirement from the game in 1950.

In his later years he managed São Paulo before quitting football to become a radio reporter. He died in 2004 after complications arising from Alzheimer's disease.