Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Do it. It's not for you, you're doing it for him.

I can't stand the club either, but my lad will support the Toon. End of story.

Yeah this, take him to one of the games over Christmas or something. I do shit for the daughter all the time that I fucking loathe, and taking her to SJP will be one of them.

All of the above. Take him if he wants to go. He might get scared of the noise and the number of people but you can bail out if so. Grandbairn 2 used to wear Arsenal and Chelsea shirts but when I took him to his first live game he got right into it. God help him. :lol: He's got a season ticket now with his mates and there's a parent along.

What have I done?

Has anyone seen/has it been mentioned already Lee Ryder's Twitter 'conversation' with GallowgateShots? If not I'll post it up, Ryder making himself look an even bigger tit than normal.

A guy tweeted "couldn't agree more" as a response to Ryder's tweet about Nolan and he retweeted that :lol:

@lee_ryder ...

Just voicing my opinion, that is allowed. My point being that Dummett was as dreadful as the rest of them.

GallowgateShots Suggesting somebody is "scared" is goading. Ironic when hiding on social media but hey ho. All the best.

@lee_ryder ..... I'm not hiding mate. It's not a personal account. Why would this be about me ?

@GallowgateShots You tweeted me. I'm just replying. Getting bored though. Respect other people's opinion and you'll be ok.

@lee_ryder

I do respect others opinions, I'm just struggling to understand yours. Care to expand on the rating ?

@GallowgateShots I already have. Can somebody else not facilitate your attention seeking?

@lee_ryder

Honestly man, can't even have a decent conversation with you.

@GallowgateShots It's a boring conversation at best this. zzz

Ryders comments in italic. The whole conversation is just one massive a cringe :lol:

I've recently been learning my oldest son who will be 4 in March about Newcastle landmarks and he knows them all. Today he saw a picture of St. James' Park at school (sports theme day) and when I picked him up he said to me he wants to go there to see Newcastle play. His first and only ever football game was a Gateshead match a few weeks back, which he really enjoyed.

I have vowed never to set foot inside SJP again until Ashley goes or unless I'm there to protest. My last two games were Cardiff at home and then Hull, both to protest against Pardew. Before that it was the 6-1 vs Villa and the 5-1 vs the mackems and a few other randoms, along with Ben Arfa super show against Blackburn in the cup and Bolton at home. I went to about 15 matches home and away during the Championship season which I loved more than any other season since Sir Bobby.

I do miss Newcastle United, badly and I'd love for my son (both sons) to go to Toon games, but this NUFC is nothing like the one I fell in love with and never will be until Ashley goes.

I have of course drummed into him Toon songs like Toon Toon black and white army, we are the Geordies etc. and he loves singing them.

I'm tempted to take him like, just so he can be in awe of SJP and that lush green turf and the notion of football if not exactly Ashley's version and the PL's version of NUFC/the game!

Torn!

Took my 7 year old nephew to his first game this season (Sheffield Wednesday...). Despite the poor atmosphere, despite the performance and result, there were some beautiful moments. Standing near the pitch watching the players warm-up his eyes were the size of saucers. He even saw two lads from school and tried to come over all "this is no big deal..here every week". Seeing his real passion spill out as an attack built. Showing him pictures on the walls at half time (had platinum clubs tickets) of past players, and telling him about his Dad's and Grandad's favourites. Remembering my own first visit to SJP: coincidentally also with an uncle, not even to a game - to welcome the team back after losing a cup final - 40 odd years later I still have 'flashbulb' memories of walking through the town and sights around the ground. I've taken my own children to games (they support their local club, Man City) and it was lovely to see their excitement... but there was something about sharing that bond, the heritage, the same (much changed) physical location which was special and way beyond who the current players were, who the owner or manager was, what the sponsorship on the shirt said. It stripped away the superficial layers, back to the base of: this team represents our area, and good, bad or indifferent always have done and always will do. Thing is though, that was all as much about me/my values and connection as about him. You could create the same sense of shared connection and pride ( probably a great deal more) with Gateshead. Even though surroundings/ the 'event' itself is not as impressive, the most important thing is time together the shared experiences and interests and how that builds the bond between the two of you.