Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

He was the horrible epitome of the modern young footballer who thinks they've 100% made it as soon as they get their first big pay cheque.

http://i.imgur.com/PfgidtH.png

Hate that the likes of Jenas, Dyer and Bramble made so much money. They should all be on the physical and financial scrapheap where they belong.

Guest neesy111

The last 4 months of the 02/03 season he was the best midfielder in the country IMO.  That stupid pen v Chelsea knocked tons of confidence from him.

Jenas has announced his retirement from football.

I mean, he didn't really need to say it :lol:

He stopped playing quite young, but feel a bit old having witnessed his entire playing career pass me by (sideways, of course).

Carew hasn't officially retired either. Was asked about it in a TV interview before christmas and he just laughed when they asked if he'd consider playing football again :lol:

Didn't he score like 5 in 6 around Christmas time one year? Scored against Spurs at WHL I remember

Took him a while to get his first, but once he did he got a few in quick succession.

The last 4 months of the 02/03 season he was the best midfielder in the country IMO.  That stupid pen v Chelsea knocked tons of confidence from him.

Had forgotten about that, but yeah, you can probably pinpoint his downfall to that very moment.

Yaya Touré has reportedly reacted very badly to missing out on being named African footballer of the year for a fifth successive year, apparently describing the decision as one which “brings shame” to the continent.

Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang won the award, which is decided via a vote of coaches and technical directors from Confederation of African Football nations, becoming the first player from Gabon to be recognised in such a manner. He got 143 points, having scored 18 goals in 17 Bundesliga matches for Dortmund this season, with Touré coming second with 136 points and Swansea’s André Ayew third with 112 points.

Touré described Aubameyang as “brilliant” but, according to AFP and L’Equipe, the Manchester City midfielder did not take coming second to the 26-year-old well when speaking to French radio station RFI afterwards, with the 32-year-old’s fury seemingly centering on the fact he helped Ivory Coast win the Africa Cup of Nations in 2015.

Touré, who was named African footballer of the year in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, is reported to have said: “I’m very, very disappointed. It’s sad to see Africa react this way, that they don’t think African achievements are important.

“I think this is what brings shame to Africa, because to act in that way is indecent. But what can we do about it? Us Africans, we don’t show that Africa is important in our eyes. We favour more what’s abroad than our own continent. That is pathetic.

“As I’ve been told many times, you can’t take care of Africa too much because Africa will be the first to let you down.”

http://1.vgc.no/drpublish/images/article/2016/01/07/23592240/1/990/Training_camp_Albufeira___Feyenoord.jpg

From Feyenoords training today  :lol:

Smiley makers, do your work !  :lol: :lol:

Yaya Touré has reportedly reacted very badly to missing out on being named African footballer of the year for a fifth successive year, apparently describing the decision as one which “brings shame” to the continent.

Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang won the award, which is decided via a vote of coaches and technical directors from Confederation of African Football nations, becoming the first player from Gabon to be recognised in such a manner. He got 143 points, having scored 18 goals in 17 Bundesliga matches for Dortmund this season, with Touré coming second with 136 points and Swansea’s André Ayew third with 112 points.

Touré described Aubameyang as “brilliant” but, according to AFP and L’Equipe, the Manchester City midfielder did not take coming second to the 26-year-old well when speaking to French radio station RFI afterwards, with the 32-year-old’s fury seemingly centering on the fact he helped Ivory Coast win the Africa Cup of Nations in 2015.

Touré, who was named African footballer of the year in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, is reported to have said: “I’m very, very disappointed. It’s sad to see Africa react this way, that they don’t think African achievements are important.

“I think this is what brings shame to Africa, because to act in that way is indecent. But what can we do about it? Us Africans, we don’t show that Africa is important in our eyes. We favour more what’s abroad than our own continent. That is pathetic.

“As I’ve been told many times, you can’t take care of Africa too much because Africa will be the first to let you down.”

What a cunt

Guest firetotheworks

It's classless, but he has a point like.

Don't really see his point? Its not unreasonable to think Aubameyang has been better

Not unreasonable at all, but 5 years in a row? He was absolutely incredible in 11/12.

Don't really see his point? Its not unreasonable to think Aubameyang has been better

Not unreasonable at all, but 5 years in a row? He was absolutely incredible in 11/12.

Think you may be getting confused. Toure won it the last four years in a row and Aubameyang won it this year

From a purely sporting perspective surely it was correct to give it to Aubameyang. Which is why Toure isn't arguing the point from a sporting perspective, but rather bringing up this gripe.

Very bitchy. They officials should buy him a cake to calm him down.

Guest firetotheworks

Think you may be getting confused. Toure won it the last four years in a row and Aubameyang won it this year

Ohhhhhhhh I see. Yeah, he's a dick then.

The way the article is worded is a bit open.