The inquest

AlanSkÃrare

So. What has gone on in recent weeks has been one of the most appalling and provoking state of affairs I've witnessed at this club.

We've been put through a period of not only horrible performances and results, but humiliation and some severe damage to the club's reputation.

Apart from the inevitable answer here (i.e. Pardew leaving). What needs to happen?

Guest palnese

A new manager would do a lot tbh. We've got a great setup here, good players, and a joke of a manager.

Guest neesy111

Pre-season in terms of preparation etc was a farce and compared to the one Gullit did in 99.

I think there needs to be a lot of work done on the behind the scenes stuff at the club, it can't just be down to bad luck that we suffer almost constant bouts of niggling injuries to players, whether it is poor management of their rehabilitation or inferior treatment something needs to be done about it.

For as long as I can remember we've had players out for far longer than they should have been with injuries that at first appeared minor and then just lingered on or developed into new injuries.

I'm no expert in this field but just a thought

1) Pardew out and a good manager in.

2) Upgrade the coaching staff

3) Upgrade the medical staff and physios.

4) Signing some quality players and diversify the league/nationality we sign them from.

Not sure we need loads of investment unless players leave - can't think of anyone who we can afford to let go without replacing - but there's a good number we need to look to improve upon if they do go.

A strong manager is crucial - there is too little emphasis in general placed on the difference a good manager makes, bring in someone of Rafa's experience and ability with this squad and we'd be scrapping with Everton this season if not better.

I think there needs to be a lot of work done on the behind the scenes stuff at the club, it can't just be down to bad luck that we suffer almost constant bouts of niggling injuries to players, whether it is poor management of their rehabilitation or inferior treatment something needs to be done about it.

For as long as I can remember we've had players out for far longer than they should have been with injuries that at first appeared minor and then just lingered on or developed into new injuries.

I'm no expert in this field but just a thought

Pre-season is the key here - get players right in the summer and you minimise the risk of niggles through the season

5th place last season.

Best squad we've had in years.

Ba leaves in January but we bring in the best recruiting binge in living memory.

Add it all together an what do you get? Fucking dogshit!

The damage that has been done this season is immeasurable. We'll lose most of our best players i feel, regardless of the manager. We should be a solid uefa cup side now, top 7 and pushing for higher.

I don't think the squad even needs that much work. I still fully believe it's a very talented crop of players, lacking in decent depth in the odd place.

It's all about the manager. Can't remember who it was who said it - maybe Venkman: we're shit, it's his fault. That is the long and short of it.

No inquest just the pink slip.

What is most worrying today is that we werent nervous, we werent up for it, we were just complete and utter dross. Whatever happens Colo cannot be allowed to leave. EVER.

I was in a dark place yesterday because Apathy was setting in thinking "well what can we do, Pardew you will probably still be here in August and they will give him a few months."

Then I got thinking I can almost deal with some of the results..I don't hate Pardew as a person, he has passion I think he truly cares about the clubs and therefore his future. He hasn't berated our players like Souness did or really talked complete shit every week. He is just at a club that is way to big for him to manage and out of his depth. If he is here I think he will do.

What I can't however cope with and why he should be sacked is ruining the careers of the players he has. It is unthinkable that we should be playing so badly with the players at his disposal. Its clear to see he is a detriment to our playing staff which is paramount to any sucess. He has to go.

I don't think the squad even needs that much work. I still fully believe it's a very talented crop of players, lacking in decent depth in the odd place.

It's all about the manager. Can't remember who it was who said it - maybe Venkman: we're s***, it's his fault. That is the long and short of it.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

It started like this....

Season 11/12 finishes on a high....

Poor pre-season....

Poor transfer window....

Manager already on a downer about extra games in Europe before a ball is kicked....

Fans' high/ish but realistic enough expectations for the season already dampened before a ball has been kicked....

WE BEAT SPURS and start the season well enough....

WHEY HEY....

We lose our way a bit....

Get some injuries....

But the season is still long....

Go out of the League Cup....

Go out of the FA Cup....

We done well enough in the Europa though so....

INJURIES....

String of poor home defeats....

Go into Jan close to the drop zone....

PANIC....

SHITT....

Sign a million French lads....

WE WON THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS....

OMG we are great....

we even beat Villa....

Then more defeats....

A few more too....

We beat Stoke....

WE ARE SAFE....

Urgh, 3-0 defeat to the mackems....

6-0 defeat to the scousers....

SHITT, WE ARE GANNING DOON....

Rumours of broken dressing room etc....

Club bans reporters and Telegraph.....

FERGIE RETIRES....

Moyes appointed LOLZ...

f***ing hell, it is all or nothing going into the QPR match....

WE WON....

WE ARE SAFE....

FUCK OFF PARDEW....