Summer shake-up

Tiresias

Presuming Pardew out everyone agrees on, what signings do we need to make, what positions do we need to strengthen, how are we going to play next season?

People we should be showing the door / definately are

Simpson

Harper (well wouldn't mind if stuck around in coaching role)

Williamson

Jonas

Gosling

Tiote (controversial? Think while he still has some value...)

Players that could be sold as they want to play for a club that plays football / Ashley wants a big profit / Want to go play for San Lorenzo

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Krul

Collocini

Santon (know he has his detractors, and he's had a poor second half of season when not injured, but I think he'll be a brilliant full back given time)

Anita (probably seen as failure, probably wants to go, I still kinda like him)

Where does that leave us?

If we lose Cabaye and or Ben Arfa we need a fair rebuilding work doing imo. Bare minimum we need a new DM imo. We need another CB probably, definitely if Colo goes. I think Bigi should get better but think Cabaye needs a backup creative type if not outright replacing (if he goes we need a very smart signing to replace).

We need a good striker too, so Shola can be a thing of the past. If we lose Ben Arfa we need another winger too. We potentially should be signing a new keeper too. I kinda expect us to sign Carroll back which honestly I would find dispiriting as it would probably demonstrate an undue commitment to Pardew from Ashley. I wouldn't mind him as an option, but only that, not as our gameplan, and so probably not worth the money adn wages we'd need to get him back.

There is no need to sell any of our first-teamers when we couldn't see their best this season due to the manager. I've said if anyone doesn't show heart in the last 3 games then they can go. So far I've no complains regarding their effort in the 2 games played so far.

Get a new manager in, then give them a full season under him for a proper assessment.

Edit: Does not apply for the likes of Shola and Jonas who are clearly not good enough at this level. They are truly done.

Plan to send Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi, Tavernier, Bigirimana, Vučkić, Good, Campbell, Gosling (if we don't sell him) and any of the other young players out on loan next season (with the option to recall them if we need them). Don't count on them as potential first team players for next season.

We need two new strikers. We've only got Cissé and Shola and Shola's goal return means he should not be classed as a striker. I'm not sure if Gouffran is a striker or a forward. Campbell is untested and should go out on loan before leading the line for us.

We need at least one creative winger. We also need to buy players with a track record for goal scoring.

We need to buy a captain/leader type player. Cabaye isn't one and Colo could well be leaving. None of the current players seem captain material.

People we should be showing the door / definately are

Simpson I disagree. If he can be persuaded to stay-on as a back-up, probably get 10-15 games in all competitions, I think we should make every effort to keep him here.

Harper (well wouldn't mind if stuck around in coaching role) Agreed.

Williamson Agreed. I think Curtis Good is capable of being a 4th-choice CB. And we have Perch too.

Jonas I'd like him to stay, assuming he will accept a back-up role.

Gosling Yup, goodbye.

Tiote On the fence.

Shola A pipedream, yes. But I'd prefer the next manager be forced to play Campbell, who just offers so much more.

Players that could be sold as they want to play for a club that plays football / Ashley wants a big profit / Want to go play for San Lorenzo

Cabaye Staying. But if Pardew is here, he's more likely to request out.

Ben Arfa Staying.

Krul Staying.

Collocini Most likely gone. Though I think his grievances revolve almost entirely around Pardew as manager, so a new manager might convince him to stay.

Santon Could see him sold to an Italian club. I like what Haidara offers, and we now know that MYM can fill-in at LB if necessary.

Anita A new manager (hopefully) will (hopefully) see that he is a very good player. And we'd lose money by selling him now.

Offseason needs:

1. New manager (obviously)

2. Centerback

3. Striker

I don't think Ashley will fight too hard to keep players if the bids are big to be honest, his model will be making profit on them for small investment. If managed well and we do buy replacements competantly (see Dortmund) it shouldn't be a disaster to our form, that is a big if mind.

I'd like us to keep Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Krul no matter what mind, I just don't think we will, think one will go (think Benny will stay somehow because I doubt other clubs will rate him as much as we do, and his injury woes will mean offers will probably be lower than we'll want...I hope)

Don't need nor want a shake-up. Just quality additions.

You must not have watched Newcastle this season.

Shake-up doesn't equate with overhaul. But we do need to make some significant changes.

The most significant change would be a competent manager, but that's not going to happen. I doubt there'll be any major outgoings, can see 3 or 4 coming in (2 of which will be forwards). My only hope is Pardew resets his mentality and we get off to a good start next season. He's evidently not the type that deals well with pressure like this, too much of a gutless twit.

Don't need nor want a shake-up. Just quality additions.

You must not have watched Newcastle this season.

Shake-up doesn't equate with overhaul. But we do need to make some significant changes.

Change manager. Replace any first teamers that leave. Add another striker with aerial prowess and another top PURPLE, any position except GK.

Main thing is changing manager and increasing the power/height of the team.

Jonas and Shola must be replaced. I don't want them here next season, we must get two players in their positions next season that are better equipped to create or score goals.

The biggest shake up we could do but we won't is change the man in charge. Obviously that's not gonna happen so , we need to replace Colo, we need another striker or two but other than that for additions I don't think we need much more. Get rid of some fat from the squad such as ameobi, willo  and gosling. If we lose any of our better players like Benny and cabs, then obviously we'll need to replace them.

Guest firetotheworks

Dead wood and Pardew gone. It's that easy imo. We don't need many wholesale changes. I'm happy with how the squad is shaping up.

I think I'd be happy to keep Jonas as a back up defensive midfielder

You are clearly in the "I like pardew" minority.  As much as I like the guy (Jonas) he has been one of the reasons we have been so shite this season, more so because our wanker of a manager could never see it.

Jonas iss still on the big wages though? I suspect Ashley won't be happy to keep him for occasional backup, but rather sell him and bring in younger player on half the wages.

I think we need a little shakeup, not a big one but our defence hasn't been good enough and if Colo goes we need another, Taylor should be backup and Willo nowhere near.

We need a better defensive midfielder, I'm not happy to trust Tiote will improve, one of our biggest problems this season has been a persistent inability to track and deal with tricky no 10s, as Tiote's been poor and Perch when playing in that role can do some things well but persistently can't deal with anyone operating between the lines.

Up front we need a new striker desperately, or whoever is in charge (probably Pardew) may decide that Cisse with Ben Arfa behind is the first choice and we just need a backup. I think someone who can rotate, and can operate in a 4-4-2 would be very helpful (I suppose Carroll but we just don't have the crossers)