Premier League survival or FA Cup?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At our lowest lowest ever point we were only threatened with relegation from the (now) Championship. Football has changed massively since then. If we ever went that low again we would be bought. We've got a hardcore fan base of about 30k. We would never drop lower for any length of time.

Guest firetotheworks

I've decided that I would take relegation the following season if it meant winning a cup the season before. I'd have to be allowed to bask in it for a little bit first.

At our lowest lowest ever point we were only threatened with relegation from the (now) Championship. Football has changed massively since then. If we ever went that low again we would be bought. We've got a hardcore fan base of about 30k. We would never drop lower for any length of time.

DIRTY LEEDS

Honestly don't know which one I'd pick. Winning a trophy is almost beyond my imagination. It would be amazing but relegation is hideous and every season of second-tier football is a complete waste of time.

This season was a waste of time, the Championship season was great and I got on about 25% better with my girlfriend during that time period.

DIRTY LEEDS

Dirty Leeds were absolutely fucked financially with players practically bought on HP.

DIRTY LEEDS

Dirty Leeds were absolutely fucked financially with players practically bought on HP.

Yep like we were ran under Big Fred

The same Leeds who have been further in the cup and had more Wembley appearances than we have since they went down. It's not all bad.

If they hadn't been snapped up by succession of massive bellends they probably have done a fair bit better in the CCC too.

Unless we are talking a relegation that spells financial disaster and the possible end of our club as we know it, then its a no brainier for me. To all the people who would rather see us stay up, for what end? We are never going to challenge for the league, the best thing our club can hope for is to be winning trophies every now and then.

We have not won a trophy for 44 years. Another 20 or so and we will be talking about a whole generation of fans never seeing us do anything significant. Very surprised by the poll.

http://i.imgur.com/0GQ1rjt.png

I know I am obviously missing something, but wtf is that? :lol:

Fook knows. I'm going for melted cheese.

We dids melted cheese.

My heart wants to say the FA Cup but my head is telling me PL survival.

Winning a trophy would be a truly magnificent event to see in my lifetime but winning it at the expense of top flight football would seem to be a hollow victory...

Guest Bert Shaft

Wigan fan on Sky tonight (that's the same Wigan Athletic that only entered the Football League in 1978) said she'd sacrifice the FA Cup win to have six points and guarantee Premier League survival. Batshit mental IMO.

Complete f***ing no-brainer to me. I'd take relegation to see us win the Cup. Any day.

Anyone disagree?

Yeah, all the football club owners.

The Premier League is king and all that!

Fans want trophies, Owners want the lolly!

Unfortunately these days, finishing 4th is a bigger honour to club owners (and managers such as Wenger) than winning a piddly little cup as we will all see on Sunday when the self created Sky footballing honour is fought for between the big 3 London clubs..

Winning a trophy would be a truly magnificent event to see in my lifetime but winning it at the expense of top flight football would seem to be a hollow victory...

If it means 7 more years of Pards and the sh*te we've been served up this season ?. Don't think I need to spell it out.

Cup, all day long. When will we ever win this joke of a league anyway? I know people would be wary about the consequences relegation brings, but since when have we ever been picky about winning cups at this club?! :lol:

If it means 7 more years of Pards and the sh*te we've been served up this season ?. Don't think I need to spell it out.

Well you've made up a whole new scenario there tbf :lol:

Well you've made up a whole new scenario there tbf :lol:

:lol:

Sneaky bastard.

Maybe it's because I'm not English and I "just don't get it", but I find the cup competitions to be rather pointless. Yeah they're cute n' all and get you into the Europa. But you can hardly argue the FA Cup is as important today as it was 50 years ago. Winning the league (and CL should it become relevant) should be the ultimate priority and nothing should compromise that.

Guest neesy111

Maybe it's because I'm not English and I "just don't get it", but I find the cup competitions to be rather pointless. Yeah they're cute n' all and get you into the Europa. But you can hardly argue the FA Cup is as important today as it was 50 years ago. Winning the league (and CL should it become relevant) should be the ultimate priority and nothing should compromise that.

Yes but the problem with the league is that only a 5th of the league have a chance of winning it unlike franchised sports leagues.  Thats why cup competitions are vitally important still.

I'd take survival. Not only would winning the cup be somewhat dampened by the relegation, but what about long term when the joy wears off? What if we can't get out of the lower leagues for years like so many teams before us? Winning a cup would be absolutely amazing and a dream for all of us obviously, but I wouldn't take it over the potential future well being of the club. For me when you're in the Premier League you should have a much better advantage over teams in the football league and lower in terms of trying to win a cup, obviously for us we've had both bad luck and bad managers which have mean't we've gone without, but we got to finals since we last won it and our luck can change. Our chances of winning anything while in the lower leagues are much harder.

They're about as likely as me shagging Eva Mendes though.

We either want to win something realistic or I don't really see the point. If our ultimate goal is just to qualify for Europe  :undecided:

Guest neesy111

Our chances of winning anything while in the lower leagues are much harder.

They haven't improved much since being in the PL either.

Guest neesy111

Another way to look at it: winning the FA Cup would not be enough to overcome the horrendous bitching and moaning that would occupy this forum upon relegation.

This place was great in Championship.