Premier League survival or FA Cup?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Relegation is failure, but staying up isn't success.

True,  merely staying up isn't success, but IMO being in the top flight gives you a better chance of success. Good players, and yes i know we don't always sign them, are attracted to sign for premier league clubs. TV money helps you afford those players. Finishing in a europa league place gives you the chance to win another cup. As bad as we've been this season we weren't that far away in the europa. Granted winning the FA cup would get us into the europa league, but after seeing how we've struggled with the extra games this season, imagine europa games added onto the fixture laden championship season.

Like Dave said, we've been waiting nearly 60 years for a domestic trophy, and we've spent alot of that time in the top flight.

I'd take a year in the Championship for a cup win, easily.

But that wasn't the prompt.  Who's to say it would only be a year?  That's just a possibility, as easily as being in the Championship for three seasons would be.  I think people are taking our last go in the Championship a bit lighter than it really was because we came straight back up.  If we hadn't come back up in the first try there would've been some much bigger questions to ask.

Or maybe I just reeeeallly want to win something?

We all do, and staying in the Premier League gives us the best chance of that.

It doesn't like.

Only need to win 6 games to win the cup, got to win a lot more than that to win the league.

Who said anything about winning the league?  We have a better chance of winning a cup if we are a Premier League outfit with Prem quality players, not a bunch of clobbers from the Championship.

:thup:

In the last 20 years a team from outside of the Premier League has made the FA Cup final twice, and on both occasions the top flight team won.