Unpopular opinions

Cajun

Running up that Hill is a tune but Wuthering Heights is fucking appalling to my ears like. Would rather listen to Pardews post match pressers on repeat. 

I really like her and This Woman's Work is an underrated gem as well imo.

The one thing you can say about her is that love her or hate her, when she comes on you know it's her.

1 hour ago, bigfella said:

Running Up That Hill is a shit song with horrible '80s keyboard sounds and production.

In fact Kate Bush has only got one good song, The Man With The Child In His Eyes, which is admittedly an all time classic.

Wew. 

Kate Bush is one of the best songwriters that has come out this country for me. Love Running Up That Hill and still the only piece of interpretive dance Ive ever seen that has any credit to it. Which she choreographed. And aye KI This Woman's Work is an unreal piece of writing. 

Listened to This Woman’s Work on repeat last week for a few hours, absolutely love that song. She’s someone who strangely despite my loving a lot of her big songs, I’ve never listened to her albums in full 

2 hours ago, bigfella said:

Running Up That Hill is a shit song with horrible '80s keyboard sounds and production.

In fact Kate Bush has only got one good song, The Man With The Child In His Eyes, which is admittedly an all time classic.

MWTCIIHE is always in my top 10.

Not as good but Them heavy people and Sat in your lap........and for fucks sake Babushka video even with the sound off

14 hours ago, bigfella said:

No.

I’m going throw Queen in here too. Absofuckinglutely appalling shite masquerading as intelligent. Ooh look at me. I made a guitar out of a fireplace. So fucking what? You play radio ga ga on it you wanker. 

29 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I’m going throw Queen in here too. Absofuckinglutely appalling shite masquerading as intelligent. Ooh look at me. I made a guitar out of a fireplace. So fucking what? You play radio ga ga on it you wanker. 

I can get on board with all of what you're saying...but I still like their songs for a family road trip/sing along. Their fans are insufferable, as are the middle class wanks that latch onto them, added to the fact that they get rolled out any time there's any sort of establishment 'celebration' (see the jubilee). I mean there are far better bands from the UK. However, I say all of that, but I still can detach myself from it and enjoy singing along to Somebody to Love etc.

My main issue with Chinese takeaway is that it doesn’t matter where you buy it from, the quality is very similar. It’s not like an Indian takeaway. I knew a Chinese restaurant in London that was quality but I don’t think I’ve ever had a high quality Chinese takeout. Do they exist?

37 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Radio Gaga started the Fascist revival in this country.

Just now, gbandit said:

My main issue with Chinese takeaway is that it doesn’t matter where you buy it from, the quality is very similar. It’s not like an Indian takeaway. I knew a Chinese restaurant in London that was quality but I don’t think I’ve ever had a high quality Chinese takeout. Do they exist?

100% 

5 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

My unpopular opinion...Chinese takeaways are the fucking pits.

Coming around to this view in the last couple years tbh. I mean I'll always feel excited when it arrives and doubtless finish it (I have a fundamental aversion to unclean plates, no matter the dish), but invariably it's gloopy with poor quality meat, regardless of choice. Prawn toast and egg fried rice are usually the best bits. 

I'm going off Indian food as well but that's entirely because I always over-indulge. 

Pizza and Fish and Chips will always remain very, very strong for me. Can't see any scenario where I stop loving them. 

23 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Coming around to this view in the last couple years tbh. I mean I'll always feel excited when it arrives and doubtless finish it (I have a fundamental aversion to unclean plates, no matter the dish), but invariably it's gloopy with poor quality meat, regardless of choice. Prawn toast and egg fried rice are usually the best bits. 

I'm going off Indian food as well but that's entirely because I always over-indulge. 

Pizza and Fish and Chips will always remain very, very strong for me. Can't see any scenario where I stop loving them. 

I could have Indians every day. Fish and Chips, I get a hankering for about every 6 weeks then I'm done about two thirds the way through.

I would never choose Chinese but I'll get one for ease when everyone else is.

Edited by madras

What is my crime? Enjoying a meal, a succulent Chinese meal?

Screenshot_20220619-104002_Gallery.thumb.jpg.59ace3cb422d79947161f2551e0379da.jpg

Sometimes it's good to be disgusting. The likes of Tasty Land, Yummy Kitchen, and A New Life provide that opportunity.

57 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I can get on board with all of what you're saying...but I still like their songs for a family road trip/sing along. Their fans are insufferable, as are the middle class wanks that latch onto them, added to the fact that they get rolled out any time there's any sort of establishment 'celebration' (see the jubilee). I mean there are far better bands from the UK. However, I say all of that, but I still can detach myself from it and enjoy singing along to Somebody to Love etc.

That’s exactly one of my issues with the horrible sun city playing wankers. Lowest common denominator vapid  catchy shite which somehow has been construed as clever music. Their lyrics are invariably dire too. 
I’ll concede that seven seas of rye is a great song. But based on the duration of their career they would produce one decent song, just based on pure chance in my opinion. They should have retired then. 

57 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wor lass got this thing called SIBO where there is too much bacteria in the gut and causes all sorts of shit including vitamin b deficiency and brain fog, fatigue and whatnot. NHS does nowt but repeat prescriptions of wide spectrum antibiotics which cause more problems than they cure so we had to go to a private boffin and eat a really restricted diet for three years. I got a recipe book of Chinese takeaway dishes and it’s fucking lush and better than most takeaway stuff. Core ingredients are sugar and salt basically 

58 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What is my crime? Enjoying a meal, a succulent Chinese meal?

Screenshot_20220619-104002_Gallery.thumb.jpg.59ace3cb422d79947161f2551e0379da.jpg

Sometimes it's good to be disgusting. The likes of Tasty Land, Yummy Kitchen, and A New Life provide that opportunity.

:lol:  Even with the pot of sauce, that's the driest fucking thing I've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

:lol:  Even with the pot of sauce, that's the driest fucking thing I've ever seen.

:lol: It was very beige but definitely not dry like. 

There were also noodles out of shot.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

American Chinese is so much better than ours.  It's similar in that none of the dishes are authentic and it's all been designed for Western tastes, but it's generally much better quality than ours.  We just batter everything, cover it all in sugary sauces, and serve it with chips.