Jump to content

Unpopular opinions


Cajun
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That's more an issue with social media rather than food and you can easily get around it by fucking social media off, or just not following people who post images of their food all the time [emoji38]

 

Not really sure what starving kids in Africa has to do with people eating pornographic food in the UK like. There's literally no meaningful relation between the two. Us living on microwave dinners wouldn't make Africa any more of a prosperous country. It's like arguing that I should be playing a PS2 on a 20" CRT TV because most Africans cannot afford a 4K tele or a modern console. It's an absurd argument.

 

 

 

 

Fuck is it! :lol: Food is a necessity to live. Your fucking console, while it enhances your experience of life, is simply subjective and not necessary for life. 

 

Anyway, Foodies can fuck off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

When I was last in Kenya at my wife’s aunt’s house, all the women made lunch, goat meat, beef, chicken, rice, salads, sweet stuff, fruit, all fresh, bread, naans, chapatis, with amazing sauces and dips, local produce, fucking most amazing sitting down to lunch I’ve ever had. And we used our hands, no forks or knives, was liberating. Even the poorer people were drinking from fresh coconut, eating fresh fruit and using their own goats and chickens to make fresh meat stews and curries! The smells was amazing!

 

 

 

 

Also, another unpopular (or maybe accepted?) opinion..... there are more white men with brown women than there are white women with brown men. 

 

Obvious why, really. 

 

Sounds nice gathering there anyway, HTT. :thup: 

 

 

Edited by Dinho lad

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dinho lad said:

 

Also, another unpopular (or maybe accepted?) opinion..... there are more white men with brown women than there are white women with brown men. 

 

Obvious why, really. 

 

Sounds nice gathering there anyway, HTT. :thup: 

 

 

 

It’s the size of our dicks…

 

Aye it was brilliant, I’ve never seen such a spread, over 30 people there and again the food was so amazing and so colourful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always feel really awkward when out of the corner of my eye I can see people taking photographs of their full English when I'm in Blakes or the Butterfly Cabinet or somewhere like that. I suppose people say grace before tucking in so it's probably the same for that type. 

 

I take pictures of buildings so I guess they'd think that's odd. It's good we all like different things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

 

Fuck is it! :lol: Food is a necessity to live. Your fucking console, while it enhances your experience of life, is simply subjective and not necessary for life. 

 

Anyway, Foodies can fuck off. 

You've missed the point well there like. Our food consumption, like our media and entertainment consumption, are not the reasons Africa is rife with poverty.  It has big environmental cost but that's a different argument all together.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You've missed the point well there like. Our food consumption, like our media and entertainment consumption, are not the reasons Africa is rife with poverty.  It has big environmental cost but that's a different argument all together.

 

You're covering your arse with unrelated points.... I'm not sure who was talking of Africa's poverty. All I said was there are people starving... you brought up a certain domain that has certain arguments in your 'favour'.

 

Food is not an infinite resource and is distributed unequally. Our attitude should be dignified enough. 

 

My point well and truly stands. Yours was stupid and embarrassing. 

 

 

Edited by Dinho lad

Link to post
Share on other sites

You mentioned starving African's alongside people in the West being excited about eating food (they cannot eat properly because they're poverty stricken), you're now mentioning that food is a 'finite resourse' (it's not [emoji38]).

 

Not really sure what I was meant to take from it tbh, I forget some people just say random shite for no discernible reason.

 

 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have an abundance of food that goes to waste, often deliberately. It's fucking terrible but it's capitalism's fault not the people who do have food and enjoy it.

 

 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Link to post
Share on other sites

in fairness i have often waylaid critical food relief deliveries to the poorest regions of africa when grubhub couldn't get me a lasagna stuffed with cheesecake in time

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

We have an abundance of food that goes to waste, often deliberately. It's fucking terrible but it's capitalism's fault not the people who do have food and enjoy it.

 

 

 

We waste a lot of food in our household sadly, we’ll buy stuff with the notion that we’ll make stuff with it and before you know it it’s expired. We need a more sustainable way of producing and consuming food, especially here in the U.K. again, in Kenya, nothing went to waste, fish, every scrap of it was used, meat the same, fruit, veg, even plant based food. I’ve seen the same in Tunisia and my brother-in-law travels extensively, especially Asia, and he has come back home and it’s changed his own outlook on food totally. These days I try to use fresh locally sourced produce even though it’s more expensive, but it’s going to be better produced and more healthier, it helps out local producers and it lasts longer. My wife goes mad with me for throwing away say tomatoes that are past their sell by date, she has some hacks to keep food longer and fresher. My mum and step dad grow some of their own herbs and vegetables, I need to get into that like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Charlies said:

The Umbrella Academy is a better watch than Stranger Things. 

Agree with this, the Umbrella Academy is just really easy to watch, and it super enjoyable :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We waste a lot of food in our household sadly, we’ll buy stuff with the notion that we’ll make stuff with it and before you know it it’s expired. We need a more sustainable way of producing and consuming food, especially here in the U.K. again, in Kenya, nothing went to waste, fish, every scrap of it was used, meat the same, fruit, veg, even plant based food. I’ve seen the same in Tunisia and my brother-in-law travels extensively, especially Asia, and he has come back home and it’s changed his own outlook on food totally. These days I try to use fresh locally sourced produce even though it’s more expensive, but it’s going to be better produced and more healthier, it helps out local producers and it lasts longer. My wife goes mad with me for throwing away say tomatoes that are past their sell by date, she has some hacks to keep food longer and fresher. My mum and step dad grow some of their own herbs and vegetables, I need to get into that like.

I don't waste a drop. Everything goes on the compost heap, so it isn't wasted. Meat? I don't waste meat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I nip to the shops pretty much every day rather than doing a weekly big shop. Get bulk meat and stuff from Costco or a butchers and freeze it.

 

I cannot imagine how much I would be spending (and throwing away) if I was filling a trolley.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My freezer is just full of stuff that was about to go out of date. Last time I chucked it out when I moved out of the house :lol:

 

Actually don’t need my freezer at all, might empty it and switch it off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I nip to the shops pretty much every day rather than doing a weekly big shop. Get bulk meat and stuff from Costco or a butchers and freeze it.

 

I cannot imagine how much I would be spending (and throwing away) if I was filling a trolley.

 

I'm convinced it is cheaper to shop this way. We've stopped doing the 'big shop' at the budget Deutsche Supermarkt since the car conked it and now exclusively shop at the local shops, bakers, greengrocers as and when we need stuff. Definitely pay slightly more on each item but overall buying a lot less and far less is wasted. Feels better too supporting local businesses.

 

 

Edited by ponsaelius

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I nip to the shops pretty much every day rather than doing a weekly big shop. Get bulk meat and stuff from Costco or a butchers and freeze it.

 

I cannot imagine how much I would be spending (and throwing away) if I was filling a trolley.

That’s what we do, although the wife will go to eat MA brothers and do a big shop for meat and veg and herbs once every two weeks, freezing anything left over. It’s probably more expensive to do a daily shop run, but less wasteful; as you’re buying for 2 days maybe max.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are lucky here in the West End as we have so many non supermarket type shops ranging from Polish to African to Indian and Asian and lots of halal stuff, and it’s always almost cheaper, better produce, fresher and plentiful in terms of stock.

 

 

Edited by HTT II

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We are lucky here in the West End as we have so many non supermarket type shops ranging from Polish to African to Indian and Asian and lots of halal stuff, and it’s always almost cheaper, better produce, fresher and plentiful in terms of stock.

 

 

 

Yeah, I loved the shops when I lived there.  Used to live next to the big lamp

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we have everything in walking distance here so it makes it very easy to shop that way as part of your general day to day. I would say it's lucky - but actually it was a very clear and calculated decision when we were buying a house.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have so many varied non supermarket shops yet it seems only people of the origin of those shops shop there predominantly, people are missing out on some seriously cheap, well produced, varied, sometimes exotic and sometimes hard to get food. We struggle getting goat meat locally mind or Tusker beer!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...