Unpopular opinions

Cajun

Some of the best meat we’ve had has been from halal butchers or Polish, and the oriental super mart near Newcastle College is fucking great. 

Don't think this will be too unpopular on here but Madri is shite. It's just Carling brewed in a Coors vat in Burton and given a Spanish image to make itself appear more marketable or appetising. Wider discourse seem to see Staropramen and Madri as two amazing lagers when the former is just okay and the latter is naff.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Yeah, it's terrible :thup: don't mind Staropramen but I only ever get it in one specific place to accompany a meal

Edited by OpenC

22 hours ago, thomas said:

lasagna stuffed with cheesecake in time

I have finally seen the written name of God.

29 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: I’d be shocked if that wasn’t available in America somewhere. No offence 

Almost certainly battered and deep fried. Possibly in a cone.

I mean you can use cream cheese in a pinch instead of ricotta, and if you line it with enough sweet basil ... the trick is the ragu which has no real dessert equivalence.

55 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: I’d be shocked if that wasn’t available in America somewhere. No offence 

No offense he says like he's not looking up how to move over here. Mental southern lasses and 6k calorie plates of lasagna.

Doon in a Q hat connected to an insulin IV housing Cheesecake factory while his lass tells him they can never eat pizza again.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Don't think this will be too unpopular on here but Madri is shite. It's just Carling brewed in a Coors vat in Burton and given a Spanish image to make itself appear more marketable or appetising. Wider discourse seem to see Staropramen and Madri as two amazing lagers when the former is just okay and the latter is naff.

Madri came from nowhere and was all of a sudden everywhere. No surprise that it’s mass-produced shite with a different image.

A question for anyone else who gets their groceries delivered.

Do you find that most items included - especially perishable items - seem to be just outside of their 'Use by' date when you receive them?

As people were saying earlier, it kinda defeats the whole purpose of bulk buying if most items need to be consumed within a two-three day window.

9 hours ago, Sima said:

Madri came from nowhere and was all of a sudden everywhere. No surprise that it’s mass-produced shite with a different image.

Like that made-up Hop House 13, tastes like the chemicals they use to clean the pipes. 

9 hours ago, Sima said:

It’s a reasonable slurp for a night in the pub when there are no decent alternatives though. I used to drink a lot of longhorn but it was so fucking gassy I’d be heckling up foam all the way on the walk home. 

I swear I’m not an incel and I don’t really disagree with most of the stuff she says  but the sight of Megan Rapinoe irritates  me. Can’t help it. 

19 hours ago, CFlan said:

I swear I’m not an incel and I don’t really disagree with most of the stuff she says  but the sight of Megan Rapinoe irritates  me. Can’t help it. 

it's a defense mechanism of our reptilian hindbrain. she looks like the lovechild of tilda swinton and prequel palpatine

image.thumb.png.96738acf90c940c39d13e15952736229.png

Edited by thomas

On 23/06/2022 at 11:57, HTT II said:

We are lucky here in the West End as we have so many non supermarket type shops ranging from Polish to African to Indian and Asian and lots of halal stuff, and it’s always almost cheaper, better produce, fresher and plentiful in terms of stock.

I used to live there years ago, me and my mates used to play football on Alouwisha's behind Wingrove Road. The west end is a dump these days though, don't know why. Trash littering every corner. Reminds me of Baltimore in The Wire.