2013/14 - Reasons for Positivity? UPDATE: Three!

Ketsbaia

There really isn't anything to be positive about at this moment but i will mention a few things that if they were to happen then i'd be positive.

Firstly get some more width, creativity and goals in the team.

Start with the width, we desperate need someone with good pace, dribbling ability who can cross to a decent standard.... Pardew mentioned PL experience? I would look at Scott Sinclair surely he's got to be available for peanuts.

Creativity.... this can either be a attacking midfielder or #10 or someone like Carrick who gets the ball from the defence and starts attacks maybe not always directly creating goals but creating space and options for others from deeper positions.

The obvious one is goals, would like to see a striker come in who can create things for himself as well as scoring the goals be it through raw power like Bony for example or pace and dribbling skills like Aubameyang.

Now for the coaching side...

Pardew desperately needs some assistance in the coaching department in regards to attacking, passing retention and off the ball movement ( i suppose you could argue this all comes under attacking )

Also the fitness and physio coaching department needs a complete review and some quality coaches added in both departments to stop some of the ridiculous injuries we have had this year, i'm aware injuries can and will happen but not the amount of hamstring and other pulls on a consistent basis.

This is a case of bad preparation in training and for match day, i really hope behind closed doors that a complete rework of the coaching staff is a big part of this summers review of what went wrong.

If all these things happen then i will be positive about the new season but i will not hold my breath.

Come on, man :laugh:

Guest Slippery Sam

A positive for me is the thought that the French players brought in - and there are some good players there - will come back in the summer with greater fitness and stamina.  Improve that and the team will improve imo. As long as Pardew doesn't stifle them too much.

I am a little tired about it all now, just deflated.

I had hopes that Pardew should be gone by now.

But if the players is ok with him, and they work on our issues during the summer, i will look forward to a new season as always.

Its like a drug, and i am addicted.

The mass suicide prompted by Pardew staying might reduce the amount of depressive posts?

Will be quickly forgotten if he does pick up some good results in his first 10 games of next season.

Has Pardew ever done a 3rd season in the top flight? From memory he's always done alright in the first full one, shit the second, but has he ever had a third?  :lol:

Has Pardew ever done a 3rd season in the top flight? From memory he's always done alright in the first full one, shit the second, but has he ever had a third?  :lol:

His 3rd season at West Ham was actually his best - finished 9th in the Prem. The 2 before that were both in the Championship though.

Guest neesy111

The mass suicide prompted by Pardew staying might reduce the amount of depressive posts?

Also stop you from making such statements.

Not sure I understand this "He will be sacked by Christmas if we continue in the same style" stuff. If they wanted to sack him they'd have done it right after the Arsenal game. He's here for as long as Ashley's here. Maybe if we're bottom by Christmas I'd agree, but that won't happen. If you're looking for examples of games in the horrible season we've just witnessed where you'd say "surely this is the last straw" there is many. He hasn't been affected by any of them. To top it off, we got slaughtered 10-0 in our last three home games, which would "certainly HAVE to make him go away". Well, it would in most cases. But Ashley is obviously happy staying in the division and Pardew is happy collecting his pay check and watching his anti-football unfold. I can't help but think it must be painful to watch at times even for him, but he always finds a way to dress it up as something constructive. Baffling.