Newcastle United XI 0-1 Arsenal - 19/5/13 Post Match reaction from p. 29

JH

Bucking the trend a bit here, but I didn't think we were bad at all today. Looked a team for once and, even though we didn't create many ourselves, we made a very good team look ordinary and really restricted their chances until the game was stretched. If we'd had Moussa playing, I think we could have won. We were crying out for a midfielder to push forward.

First half I'd agree. Second half was mediocre personified.

Yeah 1st half was alright, we had a little bit of purpose. Second half was the usual run out if steam, ideas, well everything really.

Not seen it mentioned, but Arsenal put together their unbeaten run directly after being knocked out of the Champions League. They had nothing left but Premiership fixtures.

Those who dismiss the Europa League / tiredness idea may wish to consider.

Whereas we've won 1 in 6 since we were knocked out, including losing 10-0 in our remaining home matches.

Not seen it mentioned, but Arsenal put together their unbeaten run directly after being knocked out of the Champions League. They had nothing left but Premiership fixtures.

Man City involved in CL group stage:

P15  W9  D6  L0  33pts  AverPts 2.20

Man City after knocked out of CL:

P23  W14  D3  L6  45pts  AverPts 1.96

Arsenal also met one top 4 side (Man U at home) during that post-CL run.

Guest neesy111

1 win in 6 for us since we got knocked out as Dave has said.  Righteo.

Had a quick look at the Stats (love those stats) and Anita had the highest attacking third passing success rate. And Colo/Taylor joint for chances created.

What was Tiote's long pass success rate? After Cabaye went off he just seemed to enjoy spraying the ball into the stands.

Had a quick look at the Stats (love those stats) and Anita had the highest attacking third passing success rate. And Colo/Taylor joint for chances created.

What was Tiote's long pass success rate? After Cabaye went off he just seemed to enjoy spraying the ball into the stands.

1/4. 25%

Argument by analogy rather than logic is a bit dodgy, but I suppose in the end nothing can be proved here. I do seriously wonder though whether Arsenal's chances of a crack at the league would be enhanced if they weren't playing games in Europe, even though obviously I know it's important from the viewpoint of recruiting players, revenue etc

At the end of the day though, do people really think these extra games have no relevance at all, especially if they involve long distance travel? For it not to matter, you'd need a seriously big and good squad, and / or be playing in a league that wasn't that competitive, surely.

Argument by analogy rather than logic is a bit dodgy, but I suppose in the end nothing can be proved here. I do seriously wonder though whether Arsenal's chances of a crack at the league would be enhanced if they weren't playing games in Europe, even though obviously I know it's important from the viewpoint of recruiting players, revenue etc

At the end of the day though, do people really think these extra games have no relevance at all, especially if they involve long distance travel? For it not to matter, you'd need a seriously big and good squad, and / or be playing in a league that wasn't that competitive, surely.

We rested players for the majority of the Europa games, especially in the earlier rounds. Pardew used that excuse after losing 3-0 at home to Sunderland, then we had a full week to prepare and recover for Liverpool at home...and got thrashed 6-0.

Guest reefatoon

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/19/article-2326961-19DF780B000005DC-849_634x420.jpg

Definitely some kind of Mike Williamson clone in the black and white shirt.

The bloke to the left of the image is absolutely tiny compared to the big angry grey haired fella next to him.

That blonde lass at the back right, giving the fingers, the old dear next to her doesn't look pleased.

Also the chubster in grey looks like he has blue horns.

Some bastard in the white adidas top is taking a pic/video.

To be fair, he looks foreign and the white adidas top looks like a foreign football club shirt.

Besiktas 11/12

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5390/besiktas11main.jpg

I'm such a loser

Guest WashyGeordie

Some b****** in the white adidas top is taking a pic/video.

Looks like the bloke who works in Salt & Peppers (next to Goose), their Turks aswell.

my season ticket didnt work getting into the ground. popped it in as usual and it just beeped red, was told to go speak to a steward outside who scanned it on this little machine and she said it had been blocked and i had to go to the BO. luckily didnt miss the start, they didnt have a fucking clue why it had been cancelled. they kept my ST card and gave me a paper ticket

Some b****** in the white adidas top is taking a pic/video.

Looks like the bloke who works in Salt & Peppers (next to Goose), their Turks aswell.

Arsenal have a big Turkish support from that London as well so he may well have been an Arsenal fan.