Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Don't see what's so complicated.  We've lost Perez and Rondon and Joselu.  We replaced them with the unproven Joelinton, a perma-crock Carroll and proven-to-not-be-PL-standard Gayle.  To improve on last season's team, we should, at a bare minimum, be selling Gayle for 15m or so (subsidising his wages, if need be) and buying a quality replacement for the Gayle money plus some of extra funds knocking around.

What we've done is a cop out and it's not good enough.

I dunno, David Luiz has just gone for 8M, really can't see you getting 15M for Gayle. Also, you should probably have appended a qualifying adjective to Joselu too :lol:.

That's always the mooted figure and seems relatively achievable given the fees paid for strikers.  But even so, let's call it 8-12m.

We should still be looking to get someone in who is better than Gayle by spending some money.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

Not a bad line up to be fair. Anyone proven from a foreign league is unproven in the PL and anyone prem proven is out of our price range so it's kind of a moot point. I dont see too many proven strikers in any league going for £40m.

Joelinton represents a huge gamble by any clubs standards so I can't be mad with the signing in much the same way I wasnt annoyed with the Almiron signing who was equally unproven.

If we were to get a CM I'd of actuslly have been happy with this window up until the point I remembered Steve Bruce was our manager.

We could definitely spend 25-30m on a striker and improve on Gayle.  And we have the cash to do it.

Guest neesy111

Don't see what's so complicated.  We've lost Perez and Rondon and Joselu.  We replaced them with the unproven Joelinton, a perma-crock Carroll and proven-to-not-be-PL-standard Gayle.  To improve on last season's team, we should, at a bare minimum, be selling Gayle for 15m or so (subsidising his wages, if need be) and buying a quality replacement for the Gayle money plus some of extra funds knocking around.

I dunno, David Luiz has just gone for 8M, really can't see you getting 15M for Gayle. Also, you should probably have appended a qualifying adjective to Joselu too :lol:.

That's always the mooted figure and seems relatively achievable given the fees paid for strikers.  But even so, let's call it 8-12m.

We should still be looking to get someone in who is better than Gayle by spending some money.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

Not a bad line up to be fair. Anyone proven from a foreign league is unproven in the PL and anyone prem proven is out of our price range so it's kind of a moot point. I dont see too many proven strikers in any league going for £40m.

Joelinton represents a huge gamble by any clubs standards so I can't be mad with the signing in much the same way I wasnt annoyed with the Almiron signing who was equally unproven.

If we were to get a CM I'd of actuslly have been happy with this window up until the point I remembered Steve Bruce was our manager.

We could definitely spend 25-30m on a striker and improve on call.  And we have the cash to do it.

Stop bankrupting the club man.

He's had like 21 appearances on average the seasons he has been away, a lot of them as a late substitute. Piss poor record. Can't help but feel that his lifestyle and lack of professionalism is the main reason why he has had so many problems and why he didn't become what he could have been.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

We could definitely spend 25-30m on a striker and improve on Gayle.  And we have the cash to do it.

25-30m on a second or 3rd choice striker? Can only see Jiminez, Kean and Leoã at those prices.

I'd have been happier if they'd bought a CM but our forward line looks the strongest in a long while, on paper at least.

Seeing that picture of him and Bruce makes you realise what a massive step backwards we have taken.  :blackeye:

If by backwards, you mean back to the 1970s I agree. In place of Gordon McKeag read Mike Ashley.

All we need now is a cup run and the odd win here and there to keep our noses above the pit.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

25-30m on a second or 3rd choice striker? Can only see Jiminez, Kean and Leoã at those prices.

I'd have been happier if they'd bought a CM but our forward line looks the strongest in a long while, on paper at least.

I preferred your pre-edit post when you pointed out that if Carroll wasn’t injured he’d be worth more.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

I preferred your pre-edit post when you pointed out that if Carroll wasn’t injured he’d be worth more.

Yeh, I deleted it because the fact he is always injured made that point moot.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

Which was my reply until you deleted it :D

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

Which was my reply until you deleted it :D

:lol: great minds and all that

Can’t wait for “when I heard Newcastle were in for me I couldn’t say no. Steve is a Geordie just like me and knows what the fans want. Mike’s an honest guy and he’s trying to give some pride back to the area, I just can’t wait to get fit and start knocking them in again like before I left”

For health reasons alone, Carroll is certainly not a better option than Joselu at this point.

For footballing reasons alone he is certainly a better option than Joselu

Don’t think that’s true either. He’s a shell of the player he was when he left almost a decade ago.