Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

On 24/11/2021 at 13:21, gjohnson said:

If he'd stayed I fully believe he wouldn't have had as many injury problems as he did over the rest of his career.

Nah, he'd have had the same issues with his knees and groin. 

Wasn't he already starting to go down with injuries before he left for Liverpool or am I misremembering? I think my default has just become that he was always a crock.

At the very least, I'm pretty sure he still would've been a mess off the pitch had he stayed up North. Didn't he only avoid jail for assault on the condition he moved in with Kevin Nolan? :lol:

Edited by wormy

Just looked at his stats. Pretty pathetic return for a striker. I wonder if it still would have gone to shit had he stayed? He was on fire, and then he moved and he has never gotten close to the heights of 2009-2011.

NUFC 2006-11 (All Comps)    Apps 91     Goals 33

PNE 2007-2008 (Loan)           Apps 12    Goals 1

Liverpool 2011-13                     Apps 58    Goals 11

West Ham  2013-19                 Apps 142    Goals 34

Newcastle 2019-21                  Apps 43      Goals 1

Reading 2021-                          Apps  2       Goals 0

Total 348      Goals 80

Whilst his lifestyle may or may not have contributed to his injuries (Do I correctly remember him being out injured after falling off a bar stool? :lol:), his lifestyle will DEFINITELY have affected his recovery from injuries.

Hard to get fit and heal properly when your blood is 13.5% ABV.

On 16/11/2021 at 00:08, Hanshithispantz said:

He had everything like, he was pretty much unbeatable in the air and worked his tits off across the front line.

Who was that midweek game against really early on in his career where he came on for about 20 minutes and was half arsing it to the point where the entire ground was absolutely slating him by the end?

I really didn't see him making it after that. @Optimistic Nut ring any bells with you?

46 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Who was that midweek game against really early on in his career where he came on for about 20 minutes and was half arsing it to the point where the entire ground was absolutely slating him by the end?

I really didn't see him making it after that. @Optimistic Nut ring any bells with you?

Can’t remember that one. I remember having a go at him for not being able to oust Agyemang & Ormerod from the Preston attack when he was on loan there though and didn’t think he’d be good enough. :lol:

He was physically falling apart and then emotionally destroyed when he joined Newcastle. He's been on record saying he was hoping for the medical to fail. [emoji38] One of them moves that in hindsight was great financially, but if he had stayed he'd probably have scored 10-15 goals a season for us. 

22 hours ago, Wullie said:

He came on fairly late in the Man City 2-2 game (Beye wrongly sent off by Rob cunting Styles) and looked like he'd just come off the back of a three-day bender, was when Kinnear was in charge, may be that you're referring to?

14 minutes ago, Pilko said:

He came on fairly late in the Man City 2-2 game (Beye wrongly sent off by Rob cunting Styles) and looked like he'd just come off the back of a three-day bender, was when Kinnear was in charge, may be that you're referring to?

On 21/10/2008 at 00:01, Dr Venkman said:

just one negative to mention, Carroll, that was fucking embarassing, i could teach a monkey to run at a man in possesion of a football, he never moved his arse once. if he thinks that the only job he needed to do was get on the end of long balls then he shouldnt be anywhere near a football team.

Bingo, that's the one, cheers. :lol:

On 25/11/2021 at 15:52, wormy said:

Wasn't he already starting to go down with injuries before he left for Liverpool or am I misremembering? I think my default has just become that he was always a crock.

At the very least, I'm pretty sure he still would've been a mess off the pitch had he stayed up North. Didn't he only avoid jail for assault on the condition he moved in with Kevin Nolan? :lol:

That's how I remember it too. He was out injured when Liverpool bought him as well. He'd be just as injury ridden here as anywhere else. In hindsight it was a really good deal for Newcastle.

I saw Jimmy Greaves in one of his last shows before he had the stroke and I remember him talking about Andy Carroll. ' A fucking joke he said 36 million. He said good strikers anticipate where to run and take a few chances, Andy doesn't start to run until the balls been kicked and by then it's two fucking late.

It was a great night with Greavsie and we were in hysterics

On 25/11/2021 at 15:09, TheGuv said:

Just looked at his stats. Pretty pathetic return for a striker. I wonder if it still would have gone to shit had he stayed? He was on fire, and then he moved and he has never gotten close to the heights of 2009-2011.

NUFC 2006-11 (All Comps)    Apps 91     Goals 33

PNE 2007-2008 (Loan)           Apps 12    Goals 1

Liverpool 2011-13                     Apps 58    Goals 11

West Ham  2013-19                 Apps 142    Goals 34

Newcastle 2019-21                  Apps 43      Goals 1

Reading 2021-                          Apps  2       Goals 0

Total 348      Goals 80

Fuck me, he made 41 appearances for us in his latest stint!?

Happy for him like, I can't help finding something about endearing about him and his lack of interest in being a modern professional athlete.

Good finish after being played through too, had assumed it was probably a header.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

12 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Says multi millionaire Andy Carroll, its like a retired MD taking up golf for a bit of a hobby and getting paid £52,000 a year for joining the club.

It’s not, there’s no reason for him to be playing if he didn’t want to.

That really cheered me up, deep down I still love him for those few months over a decade ago. :lol:

Edited by Pata

Think it was the goal against Liverpool where they backed off him outside the box, and he rolled it forward before smashing it low and hard to the bottom far corner. He really seemed unstoppable at that point. In the air or on the ground, a real nightmare of a striker to content with.