Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

2 hours ago, jdckelly said:

that second one is ridiculous should be a rule where if a goals is good enough it should count anyway regardless of offsides 

Robert Lee likes this

(Even more annoying that it got disallowed so WE could have a free kick, not sure I'll ever get over that. Best non-goal I'll ever see.)

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Robert Lee likes this

(Even more annoying that it got disallowed so WE could have a free kick, not sure I'll ever get over that. Best non-goal I'll ever see.)

Yeah, I was there that day - it used to take a lot longer for everyone to cotton on to a goal being ruled out.  On his left foot too

2 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Yeah, I was there that day - it used to take a lot longer for everyone to cotton on to a goal being ruled out.  On his left foot too

I was in the Milburn paddock just behind the home dugout, so basically right in front of where he struck it from. Took quite a while for us all to cotton on.

Fucking hell that was nearly 30 years ago. :lol:

10 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Didn't Tiote also score a beaut vs Man City which was harshly ruled against?  Or am I misremembering?

Yeah. Someone in front of the keeper was adjudged to be blocking the keeper's view and thus interfering with play and offside. Same game Pardew called Pellegrini an old cunt. 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Yeah. Someone in front of the keeper was adjudged to be blocking the keeper's view and thus interfering with play and offside. Same game Pardew called Pellegrini an old cunt. 

Gouffran IIRC and he was actually nowhere near Joe Harts view either. They all went crying to the ref and it then got disallowed. Atmosphere was one of the loudest and hostile I can remember. 

4 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

And as usual, none of our lot protested. Only Cabaye was doing his nut at the ref, if memory serves. We really must get better at being annoying cunts like, been a missing component of our game for years.

• 3 weeks later...