Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

An alternative to Carroll for Newcastle is St Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but Alan Pardew wants to add players with Premier League experience to his squad and would wlcome the chance to work with Carroll again.

:fuuu: :fuuu: :fuuu:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd breakdown in tears if we turned down the chance of signing PEA. Not like he'd come here anyway though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Carroll couldn't even outscore Cabaye last season. And that's a Cabaye with apparently a stamina problem.

His wife disagrees.

I'd have Carroll back in a second now, he clearly wants to go back rejecting the West Ham offer. I think he'd do anything to  become a hero here. Make a £12m offer and get him back. Add Remy and a CB to that and we're done for the summer early.

This news website, I guess.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/28/4009047/carroll-to-reject-15m-west-ham-move-fight-for-liverpool?ICID=PP_14616

Carroll to reject £15m West Ham move and fight for Liverpool place

The Hammers have agreed a deal with the Reds for the 24-year-old striker, but he is keen to establish himself at Anfield or at least secure a shock return to Newcastle

EXCLUSIVE

By Richard Buxton

Andy Carroll looks set to turn down a permanent £15 million move to West Ham after telling Liverpool he will fight for his place at Anfield, Goal understands.

The 24-year-old striker is ready to accept a role as a bit-part player at Liverpool next season in order to force his way into the side following a successful loan spell at Upton Park.

West Ham agreed a £15m deal with the Reds last week after Carroll scored seven goals while on loan in east London, but he is unsure about a move as he focuses on re-establishing himself at Anfield and earning a place in England's World Cup squad.

"Things haven't worked out for Andy at Liverpool but he went there with high hopes and isn't ready to throw in the towel just yet," a source told Goal.

"He enjoyed his time with West Ham but feels he has unfinished business at Anfield."

Reds manager Brendan Rodgers had hoped to cash in on Carroll to boost his transfer spending this summer, having only been given £20m by owners FSG to improve the squad that finished seventh in the Premier League table.

Carroll is also thought to be keen on a shock return to Newcastle. The Magpies, though, are not believed to be in the running for his signature, with bad blood from the original £35m transfer in 2011 meaning Liverpool are reluctant to negotiate a return.

Carroll faces up to four months on the sidelines with a heel injury, and has withdrawn from the England squad for the upcoming friendlies against the Republic of Ireland and Brazil.

Need to find a balance, between price, availability and suitability. Won't happen, though.

Meaning we should spend £15m on an injury prone scruff or?

He isn't injury prone. Even based on his West Ham form Carroll would absolutely stroll into our side and look bloody good in it.

He managed 24 games last season, he might not end up being injury prone but that certainly has to be a concern.  Also I'm sure he'd look good in Pardews side, hoof the ball up to Carroll, we could win games without the need to play any Football at all.

Carroll can be an effective player and with the right manager in charge, who isn't just going to use him up front on his own waiting for long balls every single game, I'd gladly have him here.  But not for £15m and not under Pardew.

Guest icemanblue

Nah dude, the lyrics in the Player song are far more appropriate.

He's still got my Bob Marley CD collection, though. :(