Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Guest neesy111

He is out until mid-September.

Pay as you play? if he doesn't/can't play it would have been an absolute waste of time.

I suppose if anything it could be an entertaining season even if we get relegated.

He's on a basic wage.

He is out until mid-September.

Pay as you play? if he doesn't/can't play it would have been an absolute waste of time.

I suppose if anything it could be an entertaining season even if we get relegated.

He's on a basic wage.

So he is on £8.26 an hour.. I suppose its not too bad then.

Worst thing about this transfer is that it made me feel really old. When he left I was 19 and now I just turned 28 and it doesnt feel that long ago.

At work today I was thinking about where Newcastle would’ve been without Andy Carroll. Imagine that he wouldn’t be born and we had to rely on Harewood and Ranger to shoot us back to the PL. Also the money we got for him funded HBA, Cabaye, Ba, Cisse and some squad players. Ashley got so much credit for that deal without digging into his pocket and it probably formed his transfer market tactic.

From Rondon and Benitez to Carroll and Bruce. :lol:

You should look at some of the early pages on the Rondon thread. As an impact player he could get us some vital points, we need someone like him as an option and yes we’re taking a gamble on his fitness. It has to be in our favour that he clearly wants to be back here and it’s not for the money. I’m happy enough with the signing, we were never going to spend big again on another striker, compare him to Joselu not Rondon (and take a look at those Rondon pages).

Fwiw, for his sake I hope it works out well, he was actually a very good striker when he came through the ranks, and he obviously wants to come home, and that can't be a bad thing.

I just feel it sends all the wrong signals as to where we are going as a club, especially with a pie scoffing manager roped in to facilitate the 'new era', but don't wish any ill on Carroll.

Joking aside..

Was a bit excited about Joelinton, ASM and would love to see Carroll score the winner away to Liverpool if he is fit.. cant really get excited about Steve Bruce, I think he is a dinosaur in the modern game.. still hope he does well.

But Mike Ashley has absolutely fucked it for me like... can't believe some of our fans wont put pressure on him while he is down.

Pathetic transfer if I’m being totally honest. Given he’ll probably not be available for long periods of time, he’s essentially unemployed, prepared to take minimum (football) wage and we had zero competition for him should be massive red flags. He’s been singed for for the positive PR rather than his footballing contribution in my opinion. A cheap, tacky, obvious signing because i5 was easy to do. No thought, effort or imagination has gone into this, it just suited all parties.

Doesn’t matter what’s happened to the squad, who’s left, who’s signed, how much has been spent, how much we’ve got back, it’s all moot. Because we’ve replaced Rafa Benitez with Steve fucking Bruce. That one replacement has just knocked 25 points from our total because this thick cunt is a million miles behind Rafa. His lack of ability renders every player transfer null and void, none of them matter. The most important individual at any club is the manager and we’ve gone from fillet steak to roadkill squirrel. We’ll go down and we’ll deserve to.

Pathetic transfer if I’m being totally honest. Given he’ll probably not be available for long periods of time, he’s essentially unemployed, prepared to take minimum (football) wage and we had zero competition for him should be massive red flags. He’s been singed for for the positive PR rather than his footballing contribution in my opinion. A cheap, tacky, obvious signing because i5 was easy to do. No thought, effort or imagination has gone into this, it just suited all parties.

Doesn’t matter what’s happened to the squad, who’s left, who’s signed, how much has been spent, how much we’ve got back, it’s all moot. Because we’ve replaced Rafa Benitez with Steve fucking Bruce. That one replacement has just knocked 25 points from our total because this thick cunt is a million miles behind Rafa. His lack of ability renders every player transfer null and void, none of them matter. The most important individual at any club is the manager and we’ve gone from fillet steak to roadkill squirrel. We’ll go down and we’ll deserve to.

:clap:

This is the kind of maths I can get on board with. Beautifully put.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Midds' posts for weeks have been absolutely bang on. Fantastically honest and true but also totally 100% accurate posts.

Don't think we'll actually go down tbh, I think we'll tank after a few promising early results, but will probably scrape enough results in the first half of the season to keep us up. By the second half all the disipline and positional sense instilled by Rafa will be out the window and we'll be relying on the odd daft performance inspired by wonder goals and Carroll big lad impact performances - if and when he's fit.

Guest chopey

Aye, Rondon wanted £150,000 a week Carroll will do it for a hot meal, the difference as always with Ashley is money

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull shit that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as fuck world.

Sad reality under our shit owner.

Guest neesy111

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull shit that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals. They aren't comparable. The first deal makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as fuck world.

Sad reality. 

Spot on. 

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull shit that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as fuck world.

Sad reality under our shit owner.

I get that, but when they sign someone after getting rid of one of the worlds top managers because they won’t sign a 39 year old and that’s their policy, is a slap in the face when 6 weeks later they sign someone who is the same age.

The policy NUFC has was no one aged 30, not we can do it if it’s cheap.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull s*** that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as f*** world.

Sad reality under our s*** owner.

Rondon wanted ‘a normal wage’? There’s a reason he’s in China and not at Wolves, West Ham or Everton etc now.

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull s*** that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as f*** world.

Sad reality under our s*** owner.

Rondon wanted ‘a normal wage’? There’s a reason he’s in China and not at Wolves, West Ham or Everton etc now.

Yeah, that reason is Rafa.

Now fuck off you WUM.