Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Guest reefatoon

Christ, we are now praising Joselu more than all our strikers? Joselu was absolute dog shit, no qualities whatsoever. An absolute nothing player.

Guest reefatoon

I think the only positive people are clinging to about Joselu is that it was Rafa that brought him in. Sure if it was Bruce that had signed him he would have been destroyed instantly for the utter filth that he is.

Joselu is fucking useless in anybody's team. One of our worst.

But in a way that made him useful. The fans were never going to be fooled by Joselu that he was good enough, or "ONE OF OWWWN!!"  :clap2: :clap2: :indi:

Think I'd prefer Joselu for only that reason. 

I don't even know if Carroll is a better player than Joselu now. It sounds ridiculous to say, but he's not played for how long, no other club wanted him, there's a very big possibility he's finished at the top level. His game relies on physicality, if he doesn't have that any more, then he's done

There was a moment against Brighton where he used his body brilliantly to win and retain the ball. He doesn't just have to jump high and get his head on the ball to be better than Joselu. He'll retain the ball far better than Joselu could ever hope to do and that should enable us to create chances. He'll also win his fair share of free kicks as well. Joselu does nothing well. Andy Carroll still does 2-3 things better than most strikers in the PL

He might be only able to make the odd 15 min appearance from the subs bench, but he can still be our saviour. You know why?

Because he's one of owwn! One of our OWWWN!!  :indi: :Jonny2J: :clap2:

He's not a bad option to bring off the bench so not got a problem with that. Certainly better than bringing Joselu off the bench that's for sure.

Joselu was a stop gap under a manager who wanted to compete. Carroll is the final solution for a manager who will be happy with 17th.

:lol: God that's grim.

joselu was s**** but he would have buried those headers that joey linton missed , especially the  one against brighton.

Joselu scored ONE header for us (against Spurs)  :lol: :lol:

He would've buried those headers like  :iamatwat:

TWO headers actually, don't forget the one against Chelsea!

joselu was s**** but he would have buried those headers that joey linton missed , especially the  one against brighton.

Joselu scored ONE header for us (against Spurs)  :lol: :lol:

He would've buried those headers like  :iamatwat:

TWO headers actually, don't forget the one against Chelsea!

Ah shit yeah. Fair point. I was actually at that game aswell.

The first 75 mins were so boring must have wiped it from my memory lol.