Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

1 hour ago, Boo Boy said:

even after all this time you believe what Ashley says. he puts those messages out so he doesn't have to spend in his mind. when it ll falls through he will claim it wasn't his fault and still won't spend by the way. all players are employees in his mind. 

No, i didn't believe them at the weekend, that's the point. Plenty were happy to though. 

It’s just a checkbox exercise at this point, having Gayle and Carroll means two strikers we don’t have to find and pay for. Whether they’re good or not isn’t relevant.

Whatever saves money and reduces the effort we have to put in is what we’ll do. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 hours ago, Joey said:

It's a 1 year extension for a backup player, until the takeover goes through officially we've still got to function (if we ever have under Ashley) as a club. We're hardly going to ship everybody out and a whole new squad in should we get taken over. It'll have no baring what is happening takeover wise.

No point having a backup that's never available as a backup...

Might as well have a flat spare tyre for when you get a puncture

Good lad is Andy. Proper Geordie as well. He's the sort of character you need when you're down there in the trenches on a Tuesday night fighting the sovereign wealth of Brentford. 

4 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I seem to recall reading an article where Carroll said he didn't want to leave and wasn't given a choice in the matter!

I seem to recall he was injured when we sold him, and seemingly he never got over it as he kept getting injured over and over again. We probably sold at the absolute best time we could have.

21 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I seem to recall he was injured when we sold him, and seemingly he never got over it as he kept getting injured over and over again. We probably sold at the absolute best time we could have.

Got to wonder if he's fundamentally suited to being a footballer, as all have his injuries have never been major (correct me if wrong), but it looks like most of them have been little niggly things that most players get occasionally, but not consistently.

Would it be a push to say that he makes Michael Owen look not injury prone...

A quick look at TransferMarket shows Carrols missed almost 6 years potential game time since his debut. Time to accept and give up

Edited by gjohnson
update

5 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I seem to recall reading an article where Carroll said he didn't want to leave and wasn't given a choice in the matter!

As i recall, when he heard about Liverpools bid he almost immediately demanded a massive new contract despite only getting one a few months earlier, and only left when it was refused 

Cant bare to watch that, but if that is an actual quote did he elaborate on why he thinks that?

Because sitting here I can't even muster one positive of Carroll playing football in 2021, nevermind for nufc.

"He might not be able to match Wilson and can't start every week, but we need players who can accept they will be sparely used. If you have him available, give him a chance. Don't judge him on goals because you can throw him on in games for 20 minutes and he'll be great in the air, in defence. Because he knows the club, is good in the dressing room and is so unique, he's worth keeping round."

Is pretty much what he said

Edited by nbthree3

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"He might not be able to match Wilson and can't start every week, but we need players who can accept they will be sparely used. If you have him available, give him a chance. Don't judge him on goals because you can throw him on in games for 20 minutes and he'll be great in the air, in defence. Because he knows the club, is good in the dressing room and is so unique, he's worth keeping round."

Is pretty much what he said

What a time to be alive.