Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Won us the game v Southampton (h) in December 2019 in spite of not scoring tbf. That and the knockdown to Miggy his only actual contributions since his return tbh.

Set up Shelvey at Sheff U too - think maybe a few more assists?

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

Set up Shelvey at Sheff U too - think maybe a few more assists?

Maybe. Meaningless goal v Leicester at home this season too. But those two the only contributions I remember though. Some return. :lol:

It's the people who run fan YouTube channels and questionable notables on Twitter I feel sorry for. They seemed to love him. They'll be gutted.

Us folk with half a brain realised it was a horrendous attempt at positive PR that thankfully fell flat on its knees into the sodden turf (figuratively - and literally in Andrew Thomas Carroll's case).

Signing was a fucking insult tbh. I've nowt against the bloke himself and I'll always have extremely fond memories of 2009-2011, when he was turning into a monster of a striker, and I hope he manages to have a decent rest of his career somewhere where his physical limitations aren't laid to bare so starkly. But it was a pisstake of a signing; as disingenuous as the man who brought him here. Done just to appease, poorly masked as some great homecoming that the Geordies would love, along with their new Geordie manager. Just proper bullshit.