Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

He's done fuck all for ageeeees man. And he's not exactly the role model we want in the dressing room considering the daft knacker was being babysat by Kevin Nolan ffs.

Leon best was ok for being scarcely used but offering something. Carroll is a big c*nt and that's it.

Edited by NE27

Carroll's obviously a contact of his. That's where I've had some sympathy for the Chronicle in the past. They can't afford to lose their access so they come out with obviously disingenuous nonsense like that. As an institution it just isn't worth anyone's time. 

21 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

"He might not be able to match Wilson and can't start every week, but we need players who can accept they will be sparely used. If you have him available, give him a chance. Don't judge him on goals because you can throw him on in games for 20 minutes and he'll be great in the air, in defence. Because he knows the club, is good in the dressing room and is so unique, he's worth keeping round."

Is pretty much what he said

For defending those games we're winning 1-1. 

He'll be on around 10k a week basic for doing fuck all then get another 10k appearance fee for his customary two minute end of game sub cameo booking. If he had any decency and/or plenty in the bank he'd retire.

:lol: Being so completely past it that the most passionate defense of keeping him on, as a forward, is that while he doesn't score goals he might clear a corner in the final 20 minute. :lol: :lol: Good God almighty.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

:lol: Being so completely past it that the most passionate defense of keeping him on, as a forward, is that while he doesn't score goals he might clear a corner in the final 20 minute. :lol: :lol: Good God almighty.

He's not even somone who has been used to come off the bench, as Bruce point blank refused to do so. If Bruce doesn't even want to consider bringing you on, then you know you have problems. This would be the most pointless signing (I know it's a contract extension) ever giving the last two years. There is not one thing to even give a point of discussion as to why he should be signed up. I would argue the person responsible for rolling the wheelie bin baths out would have a greater impact and more use.

Edited by et tu brute

I can't really get very worked about this. This kind of thing just feels like run-of-the-mill medicore Ashley NUFC to me, not particularly egregious by that scale. Pretty indifferent. Occasionally he's useful at the end to head away some corners. He's shit, we're shit, he'll mostly be on the bench  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Yes, well no, well maybe.

Glibness aside, he's out of contract and not been retained on the players list.

Bets on being part of next seasons 'coaching staff'....'striker coach'.

I'd be less surprised if i s**t a unicorn.