Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

• 3 months later...

I never got that sense he was that dedicated to the game beyond his natural ability and the fruit of that was/is probably good enough for him. 

Remember how shell shocked he looked during the Liverpool transfer? :lol: He's as Geordie as they come, IMO. 

I remember seeing Buffon knock him out at SJP ina preseason game, then come out after and say he was a wonder kid :lol:

Was a 12 month period where every game he played he was twice as good as the last time. The move to Liverpool killed what could have been an excellent career. 

With his physically dominant playing style, he was always going to be another Duncan Ferguson when it comes to injuries. Especially when he isn't the best professional when it comes to taking care of his body.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

For 2 months. Bizarre 

Not really, they get to have a look at him and when he's inevitably unfit and crap they can get rid and sign a proper player in January.

If by a miracle he does well they can always extend it.

He had everything like, he was pretty much unbeatable in the air and worked his tits off across the front line.

If he continued on with that work ethic and didn't have the trouble he had with injuries I cannot see any reason why he wouldn't have been atleast an 86 on FIFA.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

On 15/11/2021 at 18:45, The Butcher said:

That spell before he went to Liverpool, man. I've only ever loved Shearer and HBA as much as him back then. Was close to tears when he left[emoji38]

He looked like he could become a top class striker tbf. What a fucking waste.

He looked the real deal. :thup:

On 15/11/2021 at 12:45, The Butcher said:

That spell before he went to Liverpool, man. I've only ever loved Shearer and HBA as much as him back then. Was close to tears when he left[emoji38]

He looked like he could become a top class striker tbf. What a fucking waste.

I thought he was going to lead our line as #9 for a decade. I didn't think he was going to be as good as Shearer, but I couldn't believe our luck we were going to have a top geordie striker leading us again. Was proper gutted when he left, and hated him, loved being at Anfield when he first played against us and we gave him so much abuse.

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I thought he was going to lead our line as #9 for a decade. I didn't think he was going to be as good as Shearer, but I couldn't believe our luck we were going to have a top geordie striker leading us again. Was proper gutted when he left, and hated him, loved being at Anfield when he first played against us and we gave him so much abuse.

Think that was the game that properly broke him as a top flight player, and his feeble attempt at a dive for a penalty sealed it in his mind that he was never going to be idolised at Liverpool or anywhere else other than what he could have had here.

Really believe that was his 'here's what you could have won' moment.

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He did aye. Off the field he’s a mess though which I think largely contributed to what happened to him 

The move to Liverpool destroyed him mentally as a footballer. If he'd stayed I fully believe he wouldn't have had as many injury problems as he did over the rest of his career.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He did aye. Off the field he’s a mess though which I think largely contributed to what happened to him .