Lee Rigby killers sentenced to life and and a minimum of 45 years respectively

Super Duper Branko Strupar

It is reported that two people have been shot after armed police were called to an incident in which a man wearing a Help for Heroes t-shirt was attacked with a machete-style knife and dumped in the street.

Eyewitness James told LBC 97.3's Iain Dale the incident has left him and his wife in shock.

Scotland Yard will not confirm the details but say they were initially called to reports of an assault.

Officers were called to John Wilson Street in Woolwich, south east London, at around 2.20pm today and the immediate area was shut down.

On its Twitter account, the Metropolitan Police helicopter team called the incident "serious".

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Officers have responded to an incident in John Wilson Street at 2.20pm today.

"We believe at this stage officers were called to reports of an assault."

London Air Ambulance confirmed a doctor and a paramedic were sent to the scene at 2.27pm and are on site.

Pictures circulating online - including the one below - appear to show several people lying on the ground.

It is reported that one person dead and two others injured.

London Air Ambulance say one patient flown from Woolwich to hospital while another was taken away by road.

Radio interview with Eyewitness

http://www.lbc.co.uk/woolwich-serious-police-incident-72441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10073910/Soldier-beheaded-in-street-by-men-with-machete.html

Those tweets are freaking hilarious :lol:

Just...

Boya Dee ‏@BOYADEE 1h

Mate ive seen alot of shit im my time but that has to rank sumwhere in the top 3. I couldnt believe my eyes. That was some movie shit

Now being considered a 'Terror Attack'. Home Secretary has called a COBRA meeting.

The victim is believed the be a soldier so anything happening to an active service personnel like this is automatically classed as a terrorist attack.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Totally by the wayside here but, they never report when a person was a Christian when they commit a crime. Media word association with Muslims and Crime/Violence/Terrorism is a bit shameful.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Nick Robinson' report was awful and clearly attempting to whip up a bit of a frenzy. Stated few facts and placed emphasis on 'reports' of the attackers being Muslim and shouting Allahu Akbar.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Zoe coxell ‏@zoe_coxell 5m

Attackers chanting 'Allahu Akbar' after Chopin a soldiers head off! Terrorists again smelly bastards I wish hitler killed you lot instead!

:pokerface:

Twitter is a mess right now, as you would expect.

Totally by the wayside here but, they never report when a person was a Christian when they commit a crime. Media word association with Muslims and Crime/Violence/Terrorism is a bit shameful.

It's mentioned because it tends to be their justification for the murder, moreso than Christians killing in the name of JHC. Not that they don't report it shamefully, but there does tend to be a decent reason for mentioning their faith.

if its true that this was a religious attack then I don't know what can be done to these guys. they're quite happy dying for their "cause" and quite a few of the muslim community will be hailing them behind closed doors, just like they did with 7/7 and 9/11. sick of it all.

I was brought up a strict muslim but have gradually lost any faith.

Attackers chanting 'Allahu Akbar' after Chopin a soldiers head off! Terrorists again smelly b******s I wish hitler killed you lot instead!

I know i shouldnt make a joke but what does a polish composer and virtuoso pianist have to do with this?

Attackers chanting 'Allahu Akbar' after Chopin a soldiers head off! Terrorists again smelly b******s I wish hitler killed you lot instead!

I know i shouldnt make a joke but what does a polish composer and virtuoso pianist have to do with this?

Go on then, don't leave us in suspense, tell us your joke!

Guest Roger Kint

From FB:

So then is this country going to stand back and let this go, or we gunna fuckin nuke these wastes of skin?! No one wants us to be fighting for these people, there all derranged man can't even trust afgan national army, cause they kill our men and women, the perfect solution? International ban of islam, the freaks!

:idiot2: