Formation 2013/14

tomlkier

Formation can get really pedantic, I want 3 players in the central midfield zone who press high, which is completely alien to Pardew's style so won't happen. Right now imo strongest midfield would be Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux, with Ben Arfa, Cisse, and Gouffran up top.

I am not convinced that a hard tackler is needed in midfield, much better to have collective pressing and good passers of the ball. Tiote in form would be there in for either Marv or Sissoko (probably depending on opposition)

Krul

Debuchy - MYM - Colo - Santon

NEW* - Sissoko

Cabaye

Ben Arfa        Gouffran

NEW**

*Anita not a tackler :pards:

**Cissé needs a million chances to score

I'd be looking to play Ben Arfa in Beardsley's role. He is at the club still to help coach him and with Cisse playing off his little through balls and some exciting wide men brought in, who knows, maybe we could entertain again.

Krul

Debuchy - MYM - Colo - Santon

NEW* - Sissoko

Cabaye

Ben Arfa        Gouffran

NEW**

*Anita not a tackler :pards:

**Cissé needs a million chances to score

I'd agree that those are the two areas that most need looking at, for the reasons you say.

In the case of the midfield though, it may not be a matter of swapping one player for another. It may need a more complete revamp, because the balance looks wrong.

I'd be looking to play Ben Arfa in Beardsley's role. He is at the club still to help coach him and with Cisse playing off his little through balls and some exciting wide men brought in, who knows, maybe we could entertain again.

Entertain?  :pardsgrin:

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/05/720657_Newcastle_United.jpg

I'd quite like this sort of Juve like formation, however that relies on Santon and Debuchy playing very well and the lack of width not coming back and biting us, the advantage is that it can shift to a classic 4-3-3 without any changes in personel, also Colo and MYM should be other way around oops

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/05/720668_Newcastle_United.jpg

That is a more 'Pardew friendly' formation to try and get some effective width from the team, Assumes Pardew willing to experiment with not having a pure defensive player in centre mid, and it has it's flaws, fergie is too green, Marveaux will cut inside and our strikers aren't ideal for crosses in, think our full backs will be just as exposed

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/05/720657_Newcastle_United.jpg

I'd quite like this sort of Juve like formation, however that relies on Santon and Debuchy playing very well and the lack of width not coming back and biting us, the advantage is that it can shift to a classic 4-3-3 without any changes in personel, also Colo and MYM should be other way around oops

That's the one for me but can't see no reason why Anita has been ditched? I really hope we give him a far bigger role next year because i firmly believe the more he plays, the better he will get and we could have a little gem on our books without even realising it yet. I thought it was a respectable first year for him given the opportunities. Thought he struggled at the start, then came in to his own when given the chance over xmas period then harshly imo dropped once Tiote came back then was hardly seen since.

Guest bimpy474

Near as I can reckon

????

????      ????      ????      ????

????          ????

????            ????            JONAS

????

Yours might look clever but my post was the original :lol:

I like Anita tbh I just wonder if Cabaye would end up dropping deeper to help him as he's easily out muscled, Anita there would make that suitable for a really possession based game, switch cabaye and him around i guess and that's a good counter attacking side. The only reason I didn't include him is, still not sure seen enough of him.

Near as I can reckon

????

????          ????

????

:lol: Sorry, I got caught up in a frenzy of sarcastic formations and didn't even check. I have a dreadful feeling it's accurate though.

Formations don't really work unless the players are given the right and appropriate instructions. We could play 4-3-3 all season but without the right guidance, it's moot.

Guest bimpy474

Near as I can reckon

????

????          ????

????

:lol: Sorry, I got caught up in a frenzy of sarcastic formations and didn't even check. I have a dreadful feeling it's accurate though.

Accurate i think it is mate. Jonas :(

For some reason I'm actually confident we might finally see Jonas ousted from the starting line-up.

------------------------------------ Krul ------------------------------------

Debuchy ------------- MYM ------------- Taylor --------------- Santon

---------------------- Sissoko ----------- Cabaye ------------------------

--- HBA ------------------------ Gouffran --------------- New Player ---

----------------------------------- Cisse -------------------------------------

Still life in the 4-2-3-1 imo, even though we came so far from perfecting it this season. I'd like to see Gouffran start centrally with license to run the channels, that whole front four mixing and matching. It doesn't have to be so rigid. Would like to see someone come in who's tailored to play on the left-hand-side. It's never gonna be Marveaux and Gouffran, for all his work-rate, is wasted that far from goal. I don't think the squad needs a great deal of work tbh.

Sissoko needs to be deeper though, whatever the weather. And hopefully Tiote will sling his hook, though I can't see either of those things happening.

That's also assuming we don't replace Coloccini which, again, I can't see happening. If Taylor (then Williamson, after the former inevitably gets injured) isn't first-choice next season I'll be astonished.

Guest hatem garrincha

6"4

6"4 6"4 6"7 6'4

6"5 6"5 6"4 6"6

5"2 6"4

Stoke ?

For some reason I'm actually confident we might finally see Jonas at his best next season back on the wing.

------------------------------------ Krul ------------------------------------

Debuchy ------------- MYM ------------- Taylor --------------- Santon

---------------------- Sissoko ----------- Cabaye ------------------------

--- HBA ------------------------ Gouffran --------------- Jonas ---

----------------------------------- Cisse -------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...

Just pissing around with this football formation website...

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/06/744640_Newcastle_United.jpg

Suppose it runs the risk of a clogged midfield.