Your all time favourite football match

aussiemag

Whats your all time favorite football match?

Mine is probably either the 5-1 win against the mackems, or Australias penalty shoot-out win over Uruguay to qualify for the 2006 world cup.

Potentially WOAT, imho.

Barça: 2-6 at the Bernabéu in 2008. Obvious motives, also a cracking game of football where Real Madrid started winning and would have jumped above us in the table in Guardiola's first year. The game that started it all for us.

Spain: 4-0 against Italy in the Euros. Best performance against a top tier side I have witnessed.

Neutral: so many to chose from... the Istanbul final possibly. No other way to look at it, easily one of the most memorable finals of all time.

Man United 5-0.  Was just about old enough to drink and in the pub with my dad down south.

Actually, even better, 8-0 Sheff Weds sat in the gallowgate with my old man.  4-0 half time and I joked he should put a bet on 8-0.  Bobby's first game back at SJP I think.

edit:  Agree with VI, definitely WOAT

Man United 5-0.  Was just about old enough to drink and in the pub with my dad down south.

Actually, even better, 8-0 Sheff Weds sat in the gallowgate with my old man.  4-0 half time and I joked he should put a bet on 8-0.  Bobby's first game back at SJP I think.

Ive only ever been to two Newcastle games, living in Australia. First one i was 9, was the 8-0 you speak of, second game was the 5-1 spanking of the mackems. :D Im one lucky cunt!

Whats your all time favorite football match?

Mine is probably either the 5-1 win against the mackems, or Australias penalty shoot-out win over Uruguay to qualify for the 2006 world cup.

Potentially WOAT, imho.

Barça: 2-6 at the Bernabéu in 2008. Obvious motives, also a cracking game of football where Real Madrid started winning and would have jumped above us in the table in Guardiola's first year. The game that started it all for us.

Spain: 4-0 against Italy in the Euros. Best performance against a top tier side I have witnessed.

Neutral: so many to chose from... the Istanbul final possibly. No other way to look at it, easily one of the most memorable finals of all time.

I watched the 5-0 a few seasons ago (can't remember when).  That Barca performance was just untrue, pretty much everyone in the pub said it was the best club team they'd ever seen.

Ive only ever been to two Newcastle games, living in Australia. First one i was 9, was the 8-0 you speak of, second game was the 5-1 spanking of the mackems. :D Im one lucky cunt!

Whip round for this lad for the mackem game next season please. :lol:

Every time I have seen you play (20-30 games in the last 3 seasons), I've only seen you lose twice: against Arsenal last year and against Reading this one.

My favorite NUFC game is the 4-4 draw against Arsenal. Magic stuff.

Although an incredible game, the fact that 2 of the goals were penalties, takes the shine off for me a little. Also, if Nolan had scored that golden chance at the end to win it.

Every time I have seen you play (20-30 games in the last 3 seasons), I've only seen you lose twice: against Arsenal last year and against Reading this one.

Although an incredible game, the fact that 2 of the goals were penalties, takes the shine off for me a little. Also, if Nolan had scored that golden chance at the end to win it.

Of course I also watched a certain CL game but I'm not having that. :huff:

Who the f*ck cares man? :lol: besides if you feel bad about it, just remember the wrongly disallowed Best goal :pow:

5-1 was great but one was a penalty, so...  :undecided:

8-0 too.  s***, we're going to be down to a 1-1 draw at fulham at this rate.

one penalty is fine .. any more than one .. takes the shine off.

Favourite NUFC matches are Feyenoord and 5-0. The 4-4 was great but half of that match was us getting humiliated.

Non-NUFC ones include Barca 5-0 Real and England vs Germany Euro 96. There's so many more I can't think of though.

Can't explain why but when we played Inter at the San Siro in 2002/03. So proud of that performance, it has really stuck with me.

Otherwise: Sweden getting the 4-4 draw against Germany last fall, then England-Argentina in 1998 and Argentina - Romania in 1994.