Your all time favourite football match

aussiemag

Whats your all time favorite football match?

Mine is probably either the 5-1 win against the mackems, or Australias penalty shoot-out win over Uruguay to qualify for the 2006 world cup.

Potentially WOAT, imho.

Barça: 2-6 at the Bernabéu in 2008. Obvious motives, also a cracking game of football where Real Madrid started winning and would have jumped above us in the table in Guardiola's first year. The game that started it all for us.

Spain: 4-0 against Italy in the Euros. Best performance against a top tier side I have witnessed.

Neutral: so many to chose from... the Istanbul final possibly. No other way to look at it, easily one of the most memorable finals of all time.

I watched the 5-0 a few seasons ago (can't remember when).  That Barca performance was just untrue, pretty much everyone in the pub said it was the best club team they'd ever seen.

That's a very close runner-up, and we were probably better. But the 2-6 had more drama to it, in the 5-0 we just strolled around and dicked them.

Mine is probably either the 5-1 win against the mackems, or Australias penalty shoot-out win over Uruguay to qualify for the 2006 world cup.

Potentially WOAT, imho.

Barça: 2-6 at the Bernabéu in 2008. Obvious motives, also a cracking game of football where Real Madrid started winning and would have jumped above us in the table in Guardiola's first year. The game that started it all for us.

Spain: 4-0 against Italy in the Euros. Best performance against a top tier side I have witnessed.

Neutral: so many to chose from... the Istanbul final possibly. No other way to look at it, easily one of the most memorable finals of all time.

I watched the 5-0 a few seasons ago (can't remember when).  That Barca performance was just untrue, pretty much everyone in the pub said it was the best club team they'd ever seen.

That's a very close runner-up, and we were probably better. But the 2-6 had more drama to it, in the 5-0 we just strolled around and dicked them.

The 5-0 really was a masterclass although Mourinho's high line tactics in that game were suicidal.

NUFC:

Newcastle 6-0 Aston Villa

Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland

Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

Neutral:

Netherlands 2-3 Czech Republic

Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona - Probably the funniest moment in football history

Potentially WOAT, imho.

The full match is on youtube in HD.  :fwap:

Loads from that season we got 4th tbh ... 1-3 vs Arsenal,  0-1 v mackems when Dabizas scored. 2-3 against Derby. Never beaten back then.

From a neutral perspective it's hard to say really. When Kanu scored 3 at the end against Chelsea was major drama.

Barça 4 - Kiev 1 was my favorite Barça match up until our current era - Guardiola, Laudrup, Romario, etc... at their absolute finest.

Shevchenko at the Nou Camp. :smug:

Vitor Baia in the same game. :anguish:

Barça 4 - Kiev 1 was my favorite Barça match up until our current era - Guardiola, Laudrup, Romario, etc... at their absolute finest.

Different game that, we got well beaten that time. :lol:

He wears number 99 doesnt he?

He wears number 99 doesnt he?

Only when Viana has sat behind him protecting the defence.

NUFC

3-2 v Barca

5-0 v Man United

5-1 v mackems

7-1 v Leicester

England

2-0 v Tunisia - watched it in our French room with about 50 people, absolute carnage

Selected Neutral

Germany 0-2 Italy, WC06.

Wigan 3-2 WHU, the latter went down that day IIRC - probably the most end to end game I can remember seeing.

Man Utd 4-3 Real Madrid and the preceding 3-1, Redondo's flick :smitten: and the Real masterclass in the first half of the first leg

Portugal 1-0 Holland, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(association_football)

Liverpool 3-3 Man Utd, 93/94? Ridiculous turn around.