Cubase - Setting up USB interface to record

Super Duper Branko Strupar

Okay, one for the music people. Not sure how many come in.

I have, and have had, a miditech audiolink III for quite some time now. Got it with the intention of recording rather than just playing, but I can never seem to set up this in Cubase  -Well, I have once or twice before, but I've literally stumbled across the correct set up by chance and next time I'm on I have no idea how to set it up.

I'm playign around in where I think I need to, Device Setup and VST connections. Have a small understanding but just can't seem to work it.

I'm just after a basic set up here, really. Nothing multi tracked and fancy. Just recording guitar on one track and mic on another. Any tips?

Oh, seem to be able to get the Mic to record, but not guitar. I'll see now if this is the case again.

I'm planning on reintegrating myself into Cubase very soon, I used to know my way around it really well. If you're still having troubles in a week or so, Branko, gimme a shout. Might share some quandaries tbh, cos like I say it's been a while since I used it.

I'm planning on reintegrating myself into Cubase very soon, I used to know my way around it really well. If you're still having troubles in a week or so, Branko, gimme a shout. Might share some quandaries tbh, cos like I say it's been a while since I used it.

Got it working now. Very basic two track instrument and mic, but that's all I need for now until I get stuff down and spend some time on it. Sharing quandries sounds fun, as I don't even have knowledge I've forgotten and though I'm usually rather technically adept, this is like a whole new language. I spent a sum total of 2 minutes on the Cubase manual before I clicked that x with a yao face on.

I'm going to ban you from any help threads I create, Taylor.