Italian Connection - Milan, 1st June 2013

Guest ItalianMagpie

Guest ItalianMagpie

Not strictly Toon related but we won the 1st "Italian Connection" trophy in Milan yesterday, a tournament organised by the most important italian sport newspaper for the italian supporters clubs of EPL teams.

We thought we wouldn't even go past the first stage and our goal was just to beat the mackems (believe it or not they have a supporters club in Italy and were drawn in our group), but we ended up losing to them and winning all the other games  :lol: .

NUFC-QPR 2-1

NUFC-Liverpool 1-0

NUFC-mackems 1-3

NUFC-Spurs 3-1

NUFC-Southampton 2-0

NUFC-Everton 2-0.

First trophy since 1969!  :frantic:

Guest ItalianMagpie

We're still NETD according to their criterion, aren't we? They went out in the group stage, an that's the only game they won :lol:

We're still NETD according to their criterion, aren't we? They went out in the group stage, an that's the only game they won :lol:

Nah, if they beat us, and we finish above/win something, they are NETD

If we beat them, and they finish above/win something, they are NETD

Basically, we can win some battles, but we will never win the war.

Edit: If we beat them, and finish above them, they are still more classy which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters.

Led by player-boss Massimo Assoni, the toon squad was Belotti, Corbetta, Cialone, N.Pagani, A.Pagani, Soldano, Leonesio, Adobati, Marchesini and Cairoli.

You all sound like footballers :lol:

Cairoli - The Italian Carroll.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I wish I'd known about this, as I am based in Milan, might have gone along to give some support.... where can I find more info ?

I really hadn't thought someone could live around there, otherwise I would have posted something about it. Next year then :)

We have a group on Facebook where you can find many pics (Italy Magpies, should be visible to non members too) and here is the dedicated website (in italian though): http://quellichelapremierleague.com/1-torneo-italian-connection/

Guest ItalianMagpie

Led by player-boss Massimo Assoni, the toon squad was Belotti, Corbetta, Cialone, N.Pagani, A.Pagani, Soldano, Leonesio, Adobati, Marchesini and Cairoli.

:lol:

He's probably the shortest of the lot, so I wouldn't say so. More like a better version of Emre  :snod:

How easy is it to get tickets to Serie A games? Always seem half empty but i've had a quick scout on websites and apparently it's quite hard unless you're an Italian citizen as they ask to see your passport? I'm going to Sorrento in September so keeping my fingers crossed for a CL or Serie A game for Napoli.

Guest ItalianMagpie

How easy is it to get tickets to Serie A games? Always seem half empty but i've had a quick scout on websites and apparently it's quite hard unless you're an Italian citizen as they ask to see your passport? I'm going to Sorrento in September so keeping my fingers crossed for a CL or Serie A game for Napoli.

I'm not so much into it (I'm the guy who flew in from Helsinki  :smug: ) but as far as I know it's damn difficult. You need some kind of a supporter card which should identify you and your "stadium history", which complicates the whole thing (without preventing violence  :rolleyes: ).

If I were you, I'd stay miles away from any italian stadium, there are plenty of reasons why they're half empty.

Cheers ItalianMagpie, good luck for next year...

for tickets to Italian Serie A matches, I can only discuss my Milan experiences ... their (Inter, AC) websites have English versions, you can book tickets there, and go along to the stadium and pick them up (showing your passport at the time)

Pretty straightforward, not too expensive ...

In Milan at least, they expect tourists...  (I always play 'spot the Italian' in the section I get put in... not easy amongst the Japanese, German etc)

Zamblera overlooked again