State of Decay

Coco

• 2 weeks later...

State Of Decay is due out today. There's no multi, which is a shame. There's also talk of a PC version too, so I think I'll wait for that. Looks pretty good though. :)

You've got the full version? How much is there to do? The map looked big, but there seemed to be a lot of nothing.

Yeah, I convinced myself I would wait for a PC version, but I had points on my account, so I just got it.

Well, I've played a couple of hours, and I've had no shortage of little things to do. Scavenging, finding other survivor enclaves, tackling special zombies etc. I was gutted when I lost my first survivor. That poor bitch got ripped in two by a big 8ft tall bastard. It was not fun to watch. :lol:

:lol: Good to hear. It's a bit Dead Rising-y, but without the dumb save system. How much customization can I expect? I wouldn't have known the lead guy was black if not for his voice. Is that as dark as I can go?

Weapon variety?

So far I've had bats, axes, golf clubs, pistols, rifles, molotovs. A pretty good selection. In terms of customization, I'm not too sure how deep it goes. You recruit more survivors, who you can then play as and kit out how you need, but I'm not sure if you can change too much about them. It's across between Dead Rising, The Walking Dead, and DayZ. Not a bad mix.

:lol: It genuinely illuminates nothing.

I've started to see the difference between urgent missions and story missions, so my group is finally getting their head above water, although I think I should pack everyone up and move somewhere more secure. I made an absolute mess of outpost distribution and I'll have to fix that. I still usually just use the main guy, so no one else has any ability. I'm kinda fucked if he dies.