2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

:yao: may as well have a thread. At least VI, Felip and Baba all have some interest. Tahiti lost 7-0 to Chile's U20 side last week, so their game with Spain should be a laugh/shit.

Squads: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_Confederations_Cup_squads

Sat 15/06/13 Brazil 20 : 00 Japan

Sun 16/06/13 Mexico 20 : 00 Italy

Spain      23 : 00 Uruguay

Mon 17/06/13 Tahiti 20 : 00 Nigeria

Wed 19/06/13 Brazil 20 : 00 Mexico

Italy 23 : 00 Japan

Thu 20/06/13 Spain 20 : 00 Tahiti

Nigeria 23 : 00 Uruguay

Sat 22/06/13 Japan 20 : 00 Mexico

Italy 20 : 00 Brazil

Sun 23/06/13 Nigeria 20 : 00 Spain

Uruguay 20 : 00 Tahiti

Wed 26/06/13 Winner Group A 20 : 00 Runner-up Group B

Thu         27/06/13 Winner Group B 20 : 00 Runner-up Group A

Sun 30/06/13 Loser Semi-final 1 17 : 00 Loser Semi-final 2

Sun 30/06/13 Winner Semi-final 1 23 : 00 Winner Semi-final 2

I'll always like this tournament just for how well we did in South Africa.

The run of international tournaments/qualifiers this June has been really nice, actually. Nice break from leagues after that season.

I was disappointed with our squad for this tournament. This affirmative actions style inclusion of home based players and so many unheralded youths from the outskirts of Europe is starting to vex me as SE prepares for crucial WCQ matches and God-willing the tournament itself. Keshi's had some great finds in the likes of Onazi, Omeruo, Oboabona, and Oduamadi (maybe), but the truth is that nearly all the local players have failed the grade, he doesn't trust many of the players he calls up, and this leaves us with an available pool of about 14 players for all these matches. At some point, it's just detrimental to continuity and performances (which have been just alright outside of the AFCON knouckouts). I'd love to see some genuinely established players with experience bought in as reserve for our new team.

Excited to watch the tournament, though. The CC is always entertaining and usually features some good, open football from talented squads. I think Brazil are going to silence the doubters and win the thing in style.

I'll always like this tournament just for how well we did in South Africa.

The run of international tournaments/qualifiers this June has been really nice, actually. Nice brake from leagues after that season.

Plus Team USA play like 45 games this month and next.

Tahiti could well be at the end of a American Samoa-esque hiding there.

There's really no point to the OFC. They should just fold those squads into the AFC.

Its a joke. Only New Zealand are mildly competitive out of them. I dont know how Tahiti beat New Zealand! The kiwis at least have a few players at european clubs. 

BTW today's game is going to put the standard to high for the rest of the tournament in terms of stadium beauty and professionalism. The only stadium until now that is completely ready and really looks and feels like a World Cup stadium, the rest still has stuff to do.

Spain and Uruguay are having loads of troubles in Recife for their game tomorrow, lack of organization for the teams and practice facilities. :lol: Embarrassing.

Oceania is not part of Asia, and I'm sure there is plenty of money to be made running their own federation and participating in their own tournament/WCQ instead of repeatedly being destroyed and knocked out of the first round of everything in Asia.

Agreed.

There is no chance of Asia accepting a merger anyway. It would cost them money, unlike when they got Australia.

Baba, has the Nigerian players stepped onto the plane yet? :lol:

You should thank us for making your country look competent. The Kinnear to your Pardew.

Yeah, man. We're coming at some point. According to Colin Udoh and other jounalists, half the players missed their flights out of Namibia, but I'm sure the boys will be there before the Tahiti game. Well, probably. Boycott is over anyway. :lol:

Moving to Asia was the best thing for us. The away trips are difficult but rewarding. Such as travelling to the middle east in the middle of summer, where we're dealing with extreme conditions. Most games are really competitive. Sides like Oman, Jordan, Uzbekistan and Iraq are capable of beating any other on there day. It sets us up to hopefully be more competitive in major tournaments.