Witcher 3

Mole_Toonfan

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any good summaries of 1 & 2 knocking about? Was going to try and fly through 2, but can't be arsed going back to the 360. :lol:

To add to what Andy posted, this infographic is pretty decent in terms of explaining the story and the lore in general.

http://abload.de/img/witcher_recaps9smg.png

For those who are getting this and haven't played Witcher 2 ( and don't plan on doing so )

You might want to watch this

At the beginning of the game you are asked questions about decisions made in Witcher 2, which is how they effect the world state and carries the decisions over.

Without actually playing it, you wouldn't have a clue what they are asking you. So basically explains what the decisions were and how they effected the world in general.

How's the combat?

Much better than last time, definitely a lot more responsive and smooth. Seems a bigger emphasis on dodging, parrying and rolling than last time as well as a bigger emphasis on the magic.

Although I expect it to improve further as I have hardly upgraded anything yet. You can chop people's heads off after slicing their chest :sweetjesus:

Just there's a massive amount of Bombs, Oils, Potions and other stuff like that you can make which effect various different things.

A lot more than the Witcher 2 did anyway, it's just a lot more of a factor and fleshed out. Also it's all in real time so you could do it in a middle of a fight if you wanted to. Probably not advisable though :lol:

Seeing as I couldn't get into Dragon Age: Inquisition (gave up after about an hour) should I avoid this? Hearing the guys on the Giant Bombcast say it's a cross between Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim has got me interested.