Witcher 3

Mole_Toonfan

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mine didn't arrive until fairly late on yesterday, just in time for the mrs walking through the front door to spoil any chance of a massive session on it in fact. I've played a couple of hours on it this morning and it seems fantastic. I can only see it getting better too.

Also Yennefer  :sweetjesus:

Seeing as I couldn't get into Dragon Age: Inquisition (gave up after about an hour) should I avoid this? Hearing the guys on the Giant Bombcast say it's a cross between Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim has got me interested.

It's completely different to Dragon Age so I wouldn't let that put you off.

Bought this on an impulse through Playstation Store before bed last night. Will be ready when I get home from work/gym later.

Wor lass is working Thursday/Friday all day, and I'm not back in work until Saturday. Hyped. Going to hammer this over next few days.

;D

Geralt's voice actor is horrible too, sounds like David Hator trying to pull off Batman.

Which is one of the reasons I play with Polish voices and English subtitles. Jacek Rozenek's Geralt is much easier on the ears than Doug Cockle's is.

Combat is more hack n slash than Dragon Age but I think outside of that it's been pretty similar so far. I'm only like 2 hours in though so hopefully it get's a lot better :lol:

It's really not meant to be, it's more about timing parries evades and counters etc. I can understand why the combat has a reputation of being unresponsive and clunky if people hack and slash.

I mean you can play like that but it's really not designed to be like that.

Geralt's voice actor is horrible too, sounds like David Hator trying to pull off Batman.

Which is one of the reasons I play with Polish voices and English subtitles. Jacek Rozenek's Geralt is much easier on the ears than Doug Cockle's is.

:lol: Nice one, I honestly cannot take him seriously :lol:

Mole I suppose I worded it wrong tbh, I meant to say the combat was more traditional and hands on I suppose. You can light attack, heavy attack, block, dodge etc. It's fine imo, I still haven't got to grips with all of the other stuff like effectively using the powers, bombs and potions yet though. It seems canny oldschool in that regard, even the inventory system looks complicated as fuck to me at the minute  :lol:

Depends entirely on what turned you off from Dragon Age tbh.

Didn't like having to manage the other characters.

Anyways I've ordered it, going of the Giant Bombcast I should like it.

Seeing as I couldn't get into Dragon Age: Inquisition (gave up after about an hour) should I avoid this? Hearing the guys on the Giant Bombcast say it's a cross between Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim has got me interested.

Fucking hell if that's the case I'm getting this!

The comparison is legitimate tbh in terms of what those games did well and what this game has seemingly taken from those games. Add to that a mature, dark story which deals with decisions and the consequences of those decisions better than any game i have ever seen.

I get the comparison but I wouldn't go in expecting Red Dead Redemption. I'm getting into it a bit more now though (just met the Bloody Baron guy) and I'm looking forward to the story developing. I love how dark the world is.

I wouldn't say it's full on Red Dead and Skyrim, but it definitely has elements from both. That mission is awesome, i should say i love how even the side quests have their own backstory and branching storylines. I'm repeatedly telling myself ok one more mission, then another branch opens up and 3 hours later i'm still telling myself one more mission. :lol:

The game has me and there is really nothing i can do.

Not enjoying this at all tbh.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, it's probably my favorite game in years if the enjoyment continues i can see it being my favorite game of all time.

Same. I played about 3 hours straight yesterday morning and it's been a very long time since I've been able to sit that long and play something.