Witcher 3

Mole_Toonfan

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

I just started the DLCs after finishing the main game about a year ago. It's honestly the goat and I haven't even started Blood and Wine yet.

Yep. Completed both. Pretty long story for them, from memory. 

On 04/01/2022 at 10:04, Lush Vlad said:

Started a new save on this yesterday. Still as amazing as I remembered.

Apart from attempting to play Cyberpunk for 2-3 days. I’ve not played my Xbox in years. So I feel like I don’t have my eye in playing computer games now. The second skill setting is too easy. The one up from that is too hard. 

Finding this a lot now. I was always a bit lazy, but I find now with kids and other responsibilities I just don’t have the time to devote to the harder skill levels. Obviously it can’t be too easy, but for example I just restarted Fallout 4 and I can’t be bothered with Survival Mode etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game has cost £4.99 for the last three years. Are people going to play full price again so they can see better waving grass and nipple texture or are they promising more than that?

15 minutes ago, OpenC said:

This game has cost £4.99 for the last three years. Are people going to play full price again so they can see better waving grass and nipple texture or are they promising more than that?

It’s a free upgrade I believe.

14 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I paid that amount over a year ago because they said the PS5 upgrade would be free. 

Gameplay seems shite but world/story seems interesting. Locked at 30FPS tho. All I wanted from an update is to unlock that - something that the Series X already has I think because it has a performance mode. 

Quite what else they think they need to do here I don't know. 

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

It's a daft remake. Focus getting Witcher 4 brilliant instead. Even with skipping 70% of the cut scenes out of boredom and dodging some side quests, it still took me 160+ hours to finish the game. I am in no hurry to grind all through that again for minor nuanced graphical improvements.

They had hired a Russian studio for the next-gen version and understandably don't want to have the potential baggage and boycoutts related to that.

Don't really understand the critique either for offering an upgraded version for free. Like fuck EA and Ubisoft and everyone else for being greedy cunts, fuck CDPR too for being too customer friendly (and looking for that positive PR tbf). :lol: I'll be holding out for the upgrade before starting Blood and Wine if I can ever get a PS5.

Edited by Pata

I have no critique if it's free, of course. I think other people are just saying surely they've got better things to concentrate on than a free upgrade to a game which has sold for £5 for years now, particularly given their last debacle. I guess that's what they're doing, given the announcement - they should maybe just take the cap off the PlayStation version so it runs as well as the Series X one for the time being

Edited by OpenC

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I made it to the castle and I’m in my fancy clothes. Charting new ground here.

I think it’s the movement I can’t stand though, Geralt runs like he’s filled his pants and the combat is woeful. No weight behind the strikes at all.

Still, love the characters, the world and the story, so I’m desperate to power through.

Smooth as butter on PS5 in terms of frame rate and the superficial side, but playing performance mode.

I find the combat can get a bit repetitive against decent enemies. But I don’t mind it in general. 

Need to pick this up again in the new year. I have little bursts of playing it for 2 weeks non-stop. Then I put it down for a year. 

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

When my internet is upgraded to FTTP in the new year, I'm tempted to try out the GeForce Now RTX 3080 subscription, and give Witcher a go.

I tried out the same with my gigabit connection, and it was still dogshit. I ended up just buying my own 3080. :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Coco said:

I tried out the same with my gigabit connection, and it was still dogshit. I ended up just buying my own 3080. :laugh:

Was it really? That's a shame.

I'm getting married next year, I think the other half might kill me if I spent that sort of money on a graphics card :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Only a few hours in and enjoying it so far. 

Controls feel really unnatural to me for some reason. Like L1 to choose which magic you want, then R2 to cast it. And on the L1 magic wheel it's the left stick to select when it feels it should be the right. Feels like everything has been assigned randomly. 

Next time I play I'll see if I can customize it and better mimic dark souls. 

3 minutes ago, Cf said:

Only a few hours in and enjoying it so far. 

Controls feel really unnatural to me for some reason. Like L1 to choose which magic you want, then R2 to cast it. And on the L1 magic wheel it's the left stick to select when it feels it should be the right. Feels like everything has been assigned randomly. 

Next time I play I'll see if I can customize it and better mimic dark souls. 

Thats a new feature they added, you should be able to change it back to the class slow down time and select the magic from a radial menu instead.