Witcher 3

Mole_Toonfan

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

17 hours ago, OpenC said:

:yao:

So I can't remap the controls. 

There's a quick cast option I've turned on though so I don't have to use that radial thing. 

Enjoying this a lot so far.

The framerate previously made it unplayable but it's silky smooth now. Quite why this slideshow ray tracing mode exists I don't know.

4 hours ago, OpenC said:

That applies to every game I've played that includes the feature tbh. Can't imagine many gamers prioritising accurate reflections at 15fps over something that looks pretty much as good at 60

Lets them get screenshots/online videos where the frame rate is shit anyway I guess. And in the games defence it does default to performance.

Elden Ring PS5 version not managing 60FPS in performance mode is still one of the stupidest things I've seen.

Aye, unforgivable.  Extra grass texture at the expense of 60fps man, ridiculous.  From have never been particularly technically proficient, of course, so you almost don't expect it of them but it was one of many things that disappointed me about that particular offering.

"I have been unfaithful to my wife and now she doesn't love me any more. The only way I can win her back is with her five favourite flowers. One flower grows at the extreme North West of the revealed map; another at the extreme North East. You'll need to travel to the South West to find the third, and the fourth is rumoured to be far to the South of the North Eastern flower.  The fifth is just behind that tree to make this feel like less of a fetch quest"

You know how it is

Edited by OpenC

Oh, hang on. It's Witcher isn't it, so totally adult themes and nastiness and all that. He'll be trying to murder his wife instead but the poisons he needs will be in the same places as the flowers, guarded by comically and unnecessarily naked NPCs

Edited by OpenC

Started my third playthrough after I'd seen the game had updated to v4.

Doing the same shit over and over again but still absolutely loving it. I always try and stay away from the big places like Novigrad for as long as possible, clearing out as many contracts and finding new locations. Got some free gear which I assume everyone has, the White Tiger of the West set which is seeing me through some of the tougher battles. Going to spend more on the crafting this time round as I've neglected it pretty much altogether outside of what's required for questing.

19 hours ago, Cf said:

The amount of ?s all over the map is a little overwhelming. 

You can turn them off in the menu. You'll have a better time naturally stumbling upon them.

6 hours ago, OpenC said:

"I have been unfaithful to my wife and now she doesn't love me any more. The only way I can win her back is with her five favourite flowers. One flower grows at the extreme North West of the revealed map; another at the extreme North East. You'll need to travel to the South West to find the third, and the fourth is rumoured to be far to the South of the North Eastern flower.  The fifth is just behind that tree to make this feel like less of a fetch quest"

You know how it is

Yes yes YES. Whenever I say this game is just largely made up of simple and uninteresting fetch quests, I'm always told that I'm simply not appreciating enough the cutscenes before, during and after the boring fetch quest. It's Assassins Creed but without the fun climbing bits or interesting historical locations.