Getting ready for next gen...

Dokko

Want to start a new thread for this, keep it going to help people decide and see what everyone has done, so...

What you doing with your old consoles? Are you keeping them till day one of launch, thinking of selling them now, maybe up them on a trade card, or possibly trade in for a different console?

I'm personally thinking of selling or trading in my 360 & ps3 for a wii-u. Means ill get decent prices for both consoles now, then have a wii-u till next gen grabs me. The will-u will give me a new range of games, even if limited in amount, while also allowing my kid to play on a console in the time being.

Anyone thinking of doing this or something similar, or you just waiting with your ps3/360 till launch day, or several months in to see what happens with either console.

Might as well use this thread as it's pretty relevant: anyone want to by my Xbox/Xbox 360/Gamecube etc?

GC seem to be going for decent amounts, check out eBay, the games can go for £30 a pop.

may wait several years before getting any of the next gen simply to see how it actually turns out. Xbones problems are obvious but I'm not entirely convinced by Sony's sudden conversion into champions of the downtrodden gamer, fully expect them to try and pull the same shit as Microsoft pretty quickly.

Anyone know how much current gen consoles will drop after the next-gen launch? I could probably justify buying soon after launch if I can get a far better trade price before than after.

EDIT: Estimates from previous gens obviously, I don't expect anyone to actually know.

Anyone know how much current gen consoles will drop after the next-gen launch. I could probably justify buying soon after launch if I can get a far better trade price before than after.

A huge amount usually (going from when i worked in game) Now is the right time financially to start to think about selling your console. Is why the Wii-u option interests me, least I have a console and it won't be effected by the next gen launch.

Anyone know how much current gen consoles will drop after the next-gen launch. I could probably justify buying soon after launch if I can get a far better trade price before than after.

A huge amount usually (going from when i worked in game) Now is the right time financially to start to think about selling your console. Is why the Wii-u option interests me, least I have a console and it won't be effected by the next gen launch.

Ah right, I was thinking of running through GTA and probably selling sometime in October. Not worth it?

may wait several years before getting any of the next gen simply to see how it actually turns out. Xbones problems are obvious but I'm not entirely convinced by Sony's sudden conversion into champions of the downtrodden gamer, fully expect them to try and pull the same shit as Microsoft pretty quickly.

Well Sonys no drm is already in question since they are leaving it up to the publisher to decide, and if they have to on Xboner then they will want to do the same on ps4.

Ah right, I was thinking of running through GTA and probably selling sometime in October. Not worth it?

Some places will compensate he drop. Like when vita came out game gave pre-vita trade in prices for old psps against the new vita to stimulate trade. The same thing will no doubt happen again, so that 30% loss in the months coming up to launch might all be lost with a trade in deal.

However, game won't have any problem shifting next gen unlike the vita, so prices probably won't be as great. :undecided:

Kind of expecting your console prices to drop by 10% each month up till launch of next gen. That's a complete estimate, and drops won't be month on month but big drops at key moments.

Reckon you could pick up a 360 for £20-30 somewhere these days. Ill be a white one with no hdd etc...

My 360's the old white model, I've been convinced it's been on it's last legs for the past couple years or so now, but, the odd weird sound aside, it just keeps chugging along. Can't see there being much point in selling it.

I'm keeping mine for a while personally, mainly because of GTA.... but secondily i really can't be bothered buying my whole family gifts over christmas AND spending over 400 quid on myself ( i know the PS4 is 350 but going to have to buy PS+ and games etc etc)

I probably won't make the jump till next summer, maybe in the spring if i start to get desperate for what ever reason :lol:

Just a matter of waiting for them to get released for me. That, and a couple of weeks before release date I'll start looking for a new tv to appreciate it on.

Why are Gamecubes selling well now? Might stick mine back on EBay if it's maintained a relatively usable condition stuffed in my wardrobe.