The male grooming thread

17 hours ago, Smal said:

Have been using numan’s treatment involving twice daily topical spray and finasteride since January. I’m a bit younger at 28, but the hair on my scalp/crown has been thinning for a few years. The treatment has been noticeably starting to work in the last month or so.

It is worth reading up on the potential side effects before starting with stuff like finasteride, mind.

Thanks for that, had read about finasteride. I'm wondering if I'm over-reacting at this stage and maybe need to go to something a bit lighter until/if it gets worse. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a skullshaver pitbull gold Pro. Man this thing cuts fine and quickly. Doesn't even leave a mess so no need to shower after. £90 well spent. Do think it might struggle if I let it grow beyond a week so will need to keep the wahl balding clippers just in case. 

Only criticism is its tough to do around the ears, might be a technique I'm missing. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Just bought a skullshaver pitbull gold Pro. Man this thing cuts fine and quickly. Doesn't even leave a mess so no need to shower after. £90 well spent. Do think it might struggle if I let it grow beyond a week so will need to keep the wahl balding clippers just in case. 

Only criticism is its tough to do around the ears, might be a technique I'm missing. 

I haven't gone down the 'shaving all of it off' route as yet, but I'm sure the day is coming.

After having a full head of hair my whole life, I started losing hair in my 40s.

Unfortunately it's falling out from the crown, so I have a 'skullcap' area where there is less hair.

As I'm black-haired, it stands out like a new moon.

The wife says she never notices it, but she is only 5 foot 2, so she probably can't see that high.

I keep it short - No4 and No3 - but I'm now waiting for my hair to turn grey, so it helps disguise the patch.

30 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

I haven't gone down the 'shaving all of it off' route as yet, but I'm sure the day is coming.

After having a full head of hair my whole life, I started losing hair in my 40s.

Unfortunately it's falling out from the crown, so I have a 'skullcap' area where there is less hair.

As I'm black-haired, it stands out like a new moon.

The wife says she never notices it, but she is only 5 foot 2, so she probably can't see that high.

I keep it short - No4 and No3 - but I'm now waiting for my hair to turn grey, so it helps disguise the patch.

Started losing mine at 21. Now 40, having hair is just a hassle to me. Love the quickness and ease of use which is what I'm all about when it comes to cutting my hair. I use a naked blade so tend to nick myself. Loads round the back, this is smooth AF and leaves that silky touch after. Impressed and very happy with my new toy.