Joe Kinnear (now retired)

Anderson

IF that turns out to be true, should just have given Pardew the sack.

This is all it fucking takes :lol: On top his shit tactics and poor leadership, if he's not getting along with our one success just fucking sack him instead of hiring an alcoholic to destroy the club through PR.

This whole shit storm makes me believe that Pardew may actually have a standard 8 Year contract without defined compensation (e.g. a Years Salary) if he was to be sacked.

Must say, it does make sense. Just wish he didn't choose this idiotic cretin to be the mediator. Judging by the Douglas fiasco, I fear he'll side with Pardew too.

yep you just know Pardew will use his salesman talk and worm his way into Kinnear's good books.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/18/article-2344127-1A5DBC6A000005DC-770_634x397.jpg

Always good to have a calm, reasonable head around.

Spoiler that shit man. NSFW.

Though sensationalist the Mirror story definitely has a ring of truth, in fact it could confirm a lot. Carr brings in technical players, Pardew is not the right coach to use them, which has been more than evident this season. Ashley doesn't know what's going on because he knows fuck all about football. So brings in trouble shooter JFK.

No joined up thinking, no teamwork, from the beginning - and all because Ashley didn't employ a proper professional football executive to run the club in the first place but entrusted his then mate to do it. Chickens coming home to roost big time.

And our finances are nothing to shout about either so what exactly is Tollemaches point, I don't get it?

We're not Pompey. That's it. That's enough for people like him.

Overly harsh tbh

Hes saying the less debt we have the more we can compete financially in the future & the more secure we are as a club as far as i can tell. Ashley may not have us as his main priority, but lessening our debt (As its now owed to him) and obviously improving our ability to get value for money when buying players is in his & our best interests also.

Keegan won his constructive dismissal case so undermining Pardew to get him out would be daft.

I've been hoping the 8 year contract was just to scare off the FA for England (already down to McLaren/Hodgson level) and didn't mean anything regarding compo for Pardew if we sacked him. Maybe that's not the case after all.

The decline in Sissoko over just ten games was remarkable, so I know whose side I'd take in Carr vs. Pardew on player evaluations.

Guest tollemache

woooahh what's this.... a banging of heads....?

interpolic / your actual name: I'm sorry, I went out and got drunk just as you posted your point. Someone said "this better the devil you know thing is cowardice" and maybe they're right. But if this devil gives us a decent business footing I'm inclined at least to give him time to finish that job, even if he's shit at everything else.

If I post pissed I'll dig myself a hole, no doubt about it, so that's my disclaimer: At end of day: I hope the best for the club, I like to see us making gestures that suggest a slightly detached, long-termist mentality which is exactly what was missing for most of the last 15 years (no sense of empire building, just a succession of managers backed in stupid, unsustainable ways), I cling to the hope that those involved can make the best of it, I think the best way to maximise the probability of that is to give them a chance and provide support, I'm horrified at the arrival of Kinnear and I hope that in some way it ends up making sense. This idea that there's a Pardew vs Carr dynamic we didn't know about maybe, just maybe makes sense of it - if Kinnear's basic function is as a superficial figurehead but in reality a mediator, then maybe that can work, because whatever happens we don't want to lose Carr, and I'm all for giving Pardew more rope, unpopular a view as that is. Just keep the whole thing bubbling along for a bit more and see what happens because we've only just put a team together and maybe it could be a good one.

We could be sitting here in 2 years' time with 2 years of Carr gold under our belts, a settled side and bringing in the twat Kinnear was the only way it could work. It's *just* possible.

And I'm not "supporting a balance sheet not a club", whoever said that .... I'm supporting a club and if you think a balance sheet is not very closely connected to its fortunes then you are a ridiculous nutcase. With the support we have, if we are a financially well-run, profitable enterprise for just a few years, the benefits will show on the pitch. No doubt about that at all.

Argh, I'm tired of having to adopt this standpoint - I complain about Ashley to friends who are curious about Newcastle - but on here, I feel like I have to put the other side because there is no recognition whatsoever of anything but him being an enormous cunt out to destroy the club.

Guest tollemache

And actually.... thinking it over

If there was a clash between Pardew and Carr then absolutely the best thing I could imagine would be a token figurehead to make sure Carr's talent is not wasted while Pardew is given an excuse to be less concerned with transfers. The only more direct way of doing it would be to make Graham Carr Director of Football, which he probably doesn't want anyway and which would just cause open warfare. It could be that bringing in some clod just to fulfill that role is the most efficient way of getting manager and scout to work together. Now all they have to do is lock Kinnear in a dark room and make sure he never speaks to anyone in the media ever again.

Though sensationalist the Mirror story definitely has a ring of truth, in fact it could confirm a lot. Carr brings in technical players, Pardew is not the right coach to use them, which has been more than evident this season. Ashley doesn't know what's going on because he knows f*** all about football. So brings in trouble shooter JFK.

No joined up thinking, no teamwork, from the beginning - and all because Ashley didn't employ a proper professional football executive to run the club in the first place but entrusted his then mate to do it. Chickens coming home to roost big time.

This sounds a very likely scenario - if it turns out to have any foundation, we are in serious trouble.

Should Pardew be able to get Kinnear onside as he did with Llambias, we could lose a very good scout and end up playing Wimbledon-style football for the foreseeable future.

That will do wonders for ST sales...NOT.

Pardew says the players aren't good enough and Carr says they are, and Ashley doesn't know football like that in order to make the call either way, and furthermore neither did Llambias.

Hence he calls in Kinnear to determine what players he thinks are good enough from what we already have, and then from the ones we've targeted in the window already. Unfortunately, he's the only one he really knows who has experience of the game it seems.

Now, its probably more likely that Kinnear is going to fall for the English player garb, however, the good thing is Carr is not himself foreign, and so Kinnear will hopefully take into account what he has to say, and give him some respect, and he'll hopefully be far more eloquent and convincing than the dopey manager we have in charge.