RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-kinnear-quits-mirror-football-3109881#.UvCg-j2SyM8

:lol:

"During his time as Newcastle's director of football, Joe Kinnear spent a whopping £0, and for that we will always consider him a hero.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-kinnear-quits-mirror-football-3109881#ixzz2sL5V5K4K

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Say what you like about Joe, at least he recognized his failure and took the honourable course and resigned.

This is what I am thinking tbh.

Came in expecting to be given funds and wasnt.

Ashley is now giving nowt and becoming more remote from the club.

Funny my Nephew heard a rumour on Saturday that Kinnear and Ashley had a big fall out . Kinnear promised Ashley he had a replacement lined up for Cabye. Only for him to fail to get him (as we all know). We both Laughed at it, thinking Ashley would be pleased at the money from the sale. Who knows may be some truth somewhere in the rumour

Funny my Nephew heard a rumour on Saturday that Kinnear and Ashley had a big fall out . Kinnear promised Ashley he had a replacement lined up for Cabye. Only for him to fail to get him (as we all know). We both Laughed at it, thinking Ashley would be pleased at the money from the sale. Who knows may be some truth somewhere in the rumour

If Ashley had any interest in replacing Cabaye, he'd not let Kinnear ruin it.

On the paper review on SSN this morning, they said that while he has 'resigned', its clearly not that straight forward, based up on the limited club statement which offered no thanks, or anything in it.

They then went on to say how Kinnears appointment had restricted Pardew, and now Pardew can get on with managing the team, because he is a 'very good manager'.  :fool:

The whole JK appointment has been nothing but a complete joke in the first place.  What ever his role was, he failed to deliver on just about every level.  What a waste of time, money and more importantly, he most certainly did more damage than good. He was grossly unqualified for such a role and it has cost us.  I personally don't think MA has no ambition at all (although its clearly limited) but this cock was never going to make things happen for us.

No wonder Pardew has looked fucked off the last few days - not that I am endorsing him in anyway.  I just hope he grew some balls and said he piece, I suspect he has.

Someone had to go in the wake of a complete joke of a transfer window and he was the only candidate.

Guest tollemache

I don't think this scapegoat theory rings true at all. For someone who gives as little of a shit as Ashley does about his public image or popularity rating to mess with the executive structure of the club for that reason? No. It'll be a professional reason, such as that JFK is a loud-mouthed simpleton and difficult to work with.

On the paper review on SSN this morning, they said that while he has 'resigned', its clearly not that straight forward, based up on the limited club statement which offered no thanks, or anything in it.

The wording of the club statement means that he was sacked. He's been given a payoff and both sides have agreed to say nothing abut the other. This is the way people get sacked these days.

The wording of the club statement means that he was sacked. He's been given a payoff and both sides have agreed to say nothing abut the other. This is the way people get sacked these days.

That what I thought too

Guest Roger Kint

Changes nowt really(well not seeing the twat associated with us aside) as i doubt he has even gone, bound to still be on the books like after his incident. Amusing seeing people think this in some way means Ashley is going mind.

Interested to see who will come in. Actually quite like the idea of Llambias coming in, better the devil you know etc.

Fingers crossed thats the end of Kinnear at this club.

Llambias coming in would mean Ashley planning to stay on.

Nobody coming in would signal the end.