Joe Kinnear (now retired)

Anderson

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hope he gets the help he needs, as bad as a manager or whatever he was for us, from watching the documentary about Wimbledon a few years back and reading various stuff, he was/is a good guy. Get well soon Joe!

25 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Sad hope he does get the help he needs. He was with us 2013-14, is it possible he could have been suffering when he was with us? I mean that interview would certainly make sense if so

Could be, article says he was diagnosed in 2015.

Awful news and as much as i didnt like him i wish and his family the best.

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Could be, article says he was diagnosed in 2015.

Awful news and as much as i didnt like him i wish and his family the best.

Aw shit, well yeah if he was diagnosed in 2015 have to think there were probably  signs for a while to get to that stage.

Shame for him, and with all the money in football he should be getting the support he needs, especially as sport may have played a role in it. (Also everyone should get the support, regardless of money in football).

10 minutes ago, Disco said:

Awful news. Can't help but feel for his nearest and dearest that will be looking after him. A truly horrible affliction. I hope he gets all the medical support he can. 

This. Its a really awful condition that affects so many. Dont think anyone deserves to go through what dementia can do to a person.