Joe Kinnear (now retired)

Anderson

I hope I don’t offend anyone with this but Alzheimer’s/Dementia is as bad or as worse than cancer for those suffering with it. In my line of work so many of my customers’ relatives have died of it and we try and donate as much as we can to the various charities, it’s a horrific disease and I know it’s now a big talking point in football, but more needs to be done and looked into. Again, Kinnear, as bad as he was for us, he’s a human-being and by all accounts a decent one so again I wish him nothing but the best, but knowing this disease, it’s grim grim grim from here on in sadly. :(

Edited by HTT II

Really sad news this. Obviously a passionate and well-intentioned bloke and an awful thing that you'd not wish on anyone. Hope he and his family get as much support as possible.

His ludicrous DoF return to one side, I still maintain we'd have stayed up in 2009 if he had saw out the season and we didn't endure Hughton then Shearer from WBA away onwards. He was embarrassing and brash but I don't think quite as bad a manager as some we've had (Carver, McClaren, even Bruce) - I still all these years later think he'd have drawn his way to a safe finish.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Really sad news this. Obviously a passionate and well-intentioned bloke and an awful thing that you'd not wish on anyone. Hope he and his family get as much support as possible.

His ludicrous DoF return to one side, I still maintain we'd have stayed up in 2009 if he had saw out the season and we didn't endure Hughton then Shearer from WBA away onwards. He was embarrassing and brash but I don't think quite as bad a manager as some we've had (Carver, McClaren, even Bruce) - I still all these years later think he'd have drawn his way to a safe finish.

I’ll give him this, he fought for us every match, he was very positive and talked us up and how big a job this was for him and how lucky he was, even returning as the DOF or whatever his title was. I recommend people watch a Wimbledon documentary made a few years ago, sorry I can’t rename it, but he came over ever so well.

It's an awful thing for any human being to suffer and still less for the people around him.

So, no stupid jokes from me, wish them all the best with the journey they are on.

On a separate note, I'd recommend that Terry Mac autobiography on Kindle. 

There's probably nothing new in it for most of you, but it kept me entertained, a bit like a Roy of the Rovers book.

My gf mum worked in a care home with dementia patients, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I never had time for Kinnear the manager and the time he represents at NUFC is better left as a fleeting memory. Having said that, it's no way to see out your remaining years and I do feel for him and his family and I hope they get all the help they need.

Christ, I hadn’t realised how many people have been affected by this in their families. Much love to you all. 

Losing a loved one is bad enough but to have to see them go through that must be awful for everyone involved. 

2 hours ago, Espio said:

My nan died from this on Friday gone. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, all the best to him and his family.

Sorry for your loss dude. Completely 100% feel for you.

also @ManDoon you’re the absolute fucking man. Dealing with what you’re dealing with, huge respect to you 

4 hours ago, Espio said:

My nan died from this on Friday gone. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, all the best to him and his family.

Ah man. I hope you & your family have the opportunity to celebrate her life accordingly when the time comes. 

9 hours ago, Espio said:

Sorry for your loss man!

My Grandad died of it when I was a kid, still the biggest trauma of my life probably. Ended up having to do things like follow him around the streets and convince him to come home, since he was a big strapping man and my Gran couldn’t cope. Not nice at all. 

Not a big fan of my parents’ decision to expose us to it so intensely, but there you go. It was a different time I guess. 

All the best to Joe as a human, although I still strongly dislike him overall :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo