RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

I can laugh say his tenure now, and many of the things he said and did, but his time in charge really encapsulated how far we'd fallen and summed up what a circus we'd become. 

That said, dementia is awful and in later years I've wished him no ill will. He did seem to care, came here and did his best despite time having moved on since he was good enough for what we needed. RIP Joe.

18 minutes ago, Donut said:

Can you imagine something like this happening today? It's only been 15 years but it seems like something out of a completely different era, almost a different lifetime.

It seemed like something out of this world at the time, to be fair.

Sad news. Just out of respect for the bloke I'd like to think he was already affected by this when he first came to us, as it's the only really acceptable explanation. He was massively more sharp in his early Wimbledon days.

2 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

We lost N’Zogbia because of him. 

:lol:

Sometimes the best thing to say is... nothing

Edited by Menace

I hated him being here but I actually liked him (if that makes sense).

He was just a normal bloke with a cartoonish ego and made no apology for who or what he was.

Suffered with his health for quite some time.. and it’s a shame that it was dementia that got him.. always thought he’d check out with a massive heart attack.

In any case.. RIP Joe.

Awful disease, rip. Remember his appointment like yesterday, still can’t believe it.

Could have been so different if he’d signed that Shane Ferguson lad.

7 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Just cause youre dead, doesn’t mean you weren’t a cunt. Sorry. 

Just cause "you're" a cunt, doesn't mean you have to prove it. 🤷‍♀️

RIP JFK

10 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Just cause youre dead, doesn’t mean you weren’t a cunt. Sorry. 

He was a man who got appointed to a job he wasn't fit for. It wasn't his fault. Dreadful post

32 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:
34 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Didn't DOF Joe also cost Ashley money when selling Cabaye ? I'm sure I remember that prompted Ashley to get rid because Joe accepted a 25 million euro bid  thought it was pounds and that's why it ended up being only £19 million . 

Urban myth.

Is it really? Always thought that was true. 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He was a man who got appointed to a job he wasn't fit for. It wasn't his fault. Dreadful post

Have you seen the picture of Steve Bruce in the AI thread? Dead or alive, he’s getting absolutely shit on. 

Both of his roles here are absolute fever dream stuff. Wouldn't even acknowledge how long his contract ran for when appointed manager. Think that comes up in the infamous press conference - "How long's your contract here for?" "None of your fackin' business." :lol: That and the fake imminent sale that ran all through 2008/09

Remember when he went on a ‘scouting’ mission in France and went missing. Was found leathered at an airport in France 

25 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He had a responsibility in taking the job and sucking at it though. It was clear from the onset that the fans didn’t want him at this club, and he did nothing to prove them wrong. To the contrary, he made us into a bigger shambles and laughing stock than we already were at that point. I bear little hard feelings to him, but let’s not pretend he was not one in a long line of wasters who took and club’s money only to leave it in a worse state than they found it. I wish him peace, but I can’t respect him for his “service” to the club I love.

Edited by Unbelievable

23 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Awful disease, rip. Remember his appointment like yesterday, still can’t believe it.

Could have been so different if he’d signed that Shane Ferguson lad.

Came here to say this in hindsight it may have been the early stages.. 

He wasn’t the right man for the job but he was a larger than life character and whilst massively unprofessional his rant against some of the cretins masquerading and warning good money as journalists was actually quite refreshing.

RIP Joe. 

Edited by OCOCOL