Joe Kinnear (now retired)

Anderson

It’s an awful awful disease, my sis’ husband’s grandad died of it and she did the GNR in his honour a few times, again we deal with so many customers effected by it, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, it’s horrible and again anyone dealing with it right now, I send my best wishes.

He was rubbish for us, but I remember at the time when we were losing and being hammered by the press he come out fighting saying this is NUFC, one of the biggest club’s in the world and admittedly he said he was still one of the best managers in the world at the time too, but it resonated with me as a fan and to be honest, he should have never been appointed in the first place and he was a mad bastard for accepting the job. He was clearly an unwell person at the time too with his heart problems. Shite manager for us, awful appointment, decent bloke by all accounts and I wish him all the best in his health, and his family.

On 22/09/2021 at 22:14, LV said:

Christ, I hadn’t realised how many people have been affected by this in their families. Much love to you all. 

I think it has recently become the leading cause of death in the UK, so it's not really surprising so many are affected. I suppose it is inevitable - you keep finding treatments for other things like heart disease and cancer, and this is all that's left to take you. It's a horrible disease though, and despite my flippant comments on the last page I obviously wish JK and his family all the best through this.