Joe Kinnear (now retired)

Anderson

If we wanted a director of football I'd be looking at a German. Someone who can model the youth setup to be like Dortmunds, know what qualities to look for in players, can pick a manager that actually has tactical nouse.

Guest bimpy474

If he has nothing to do with picking the team or signing the players, is this a big a worry as it seems. I'm thinking more along the lines of a football person (wish it wasn't him) speaking to Dekka and Ashley.

I may add, i do not like DOF's and i'm just putting that out there.

The thing is there is we have been crying out for someone with some football knowledge to take us forward and give some sound football advice to Mike and Dekka about football. Joe Kinnear is going to be their Consigliere. Its a complete joke.

Aye that was what i was getting at. If you took JFK without our knowledge of him now, it wouldn't have been so bad as JFK does have experience, and someone like him with his years in football would be perfect for a club as a DOF.

But seeing as we've seen him up close, our dealings with him make this decision madness.

Perfect? Maybe for a league two club. Barring our time together he's been out of the game for years. I really don't see how he can have anything but a negative effect for NUFC in  the Premier League in 2013.

I agree with you, JFK would be a mad appointment. Might not be him yet, hopefully.

Guest bimpy474

If we wanted a director of football I'd be looking at a German. Someone who can model the youth setup to be like Dortmunds, know what qualities to look for in players, can pick a manager that actually has tactical nouse.

Spot on, the one DOF we don't need is a British hoofball type. You are on the money mate ;)

Guest bimpy474

If he has nothing to do with picking the team or signing the players, is this a big a worry as it seems. I'm thinking more along the lines of a football person (wish it wasn't him) speaking to Dekka and Ashley.

A DoF is an intermediary between the manager and the owner. Does this possible appointment mean Ashley is less inclined to deal with Pardew directly now? An extra man 'above' Pardew, helping to dictate how things are handled?

I would think that's exactly how it would work. For a reason i can't explain i'm totally non plussed by this. The decision in itself is an ok one, just the JFK part is the problem.

And it does seem he's a candidate and not the only choice, we may be over reacting. The papers maybe be putting the JFK part in to stir things up a bit. I'm hoping anyhoo.

It's the mount fucking Everest of problems. I'm definitely fucking worried. Even for him to be a 'consideration' means we need to start shitting ourselves with worry.

I actually don't think it would much different from now as it stands. It's when Pardew goes (if/when). That's when the DOF gets involved and having JFK as that DOF, well sod that.

A DoF is an intermediary between the manager and the owner. Does this possible appointment mean Ashley is less inclined to deal with Pardew directly now? An extra man 'above' Pardew, helping to dictate how things are handled?

I would think that's exactly how it would work. For a reason i can't explain i'm totally non plussed by this. The decision in itself is an ok one, just the JFK part is the problem.

And it does seem he's a candidate and not the only choice, we may be over reacting. The papers maybe be putting the JFK part in to stir things up a bit. I'm hoping anyhoo.

It's the mount f***ing Everest of problems. I'm definitely f***ing worried. Even for him to be a 'consideration' means we need to start shitting ourselves with worry.

I actually don't think it would much different from now as it stands. It's when Pardew goes (if/when). That's when the DOF gets involved and having JFK as that DOF, well sod that.

You've got to ask yourself why Ashley would want someone like Kinnear as DoF. Remember Kinnear's affinity towards Ashley. He was never ever getting another job before he did managing us. He sucked Ashley's hoop long and hard for giving him that. He'd do the same again and Ashley knows it. It's another level of incompetence that makes it harder for him to be questioned. Another blind lunatic to carry out the work no sane person would.

If this Kinnear thng has substance it's not only a worry that he's totally f***ing s*** and has no clue what so ever, it's more of a worry we'll have another Ashley Yes Man helping to f*** things up.

Guest bimpy474

Ashley, Llambias, Pardew, Kinnear, Wonga.

:thup:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/cannot%20unsee%20what%20has%20been%20seen/grand/cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-294.gif