RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

I'm praying this is a classic media management tactic - leak your going to appoint a DoF, leak it's going to be Kinnear so all the fans fury gets directed at that rather than the position and then appoint someone rather less controversial to the position who the fans now love because they are not Kinnear.

Clutching. At. Straws.

Guest bimpy474

If he has nothing to do with picking the team or signing the players, is this a big a worry as it seems. I'm thinking more along the lines of a football person (wish it wasn't him) speaking to Dekka and Ashley.

I may add, i do not like DOF's and i'm just putting that out there.

A DoF is an intermediary between the manager and the owner. Does this possible appointment mean Ashley is less inclined to deal with Pardew directly now? An extra man 'above' Pardew, helping to dictate how things are handled?

I would think that's exactly how it would work. For a reason i can't explain i'm totally non plussed by this. The decision in itself is an ok one, just the JFK part is the problem.

And it does seem he's a candidate and not the only choice, we may be over reacting. The papers maybe be putting the JFK part in to stir things up a bit. I'm hoping anyhoo.

It's the mount f***ing Everest of problems. I'm definitely f***ing worried. Even for him to be a 'consideration' means we need to start shitting ourselves with worry.

I actually don't think it would much different from now as it stands. It's when Pardew goes (if/when). That's when the DOF gets involved and having JFK as that DOF, well sod that.

You've got to ask yourself why Ashley would want someone like Kinnear as DoF. Remember Kinnear's affinity towards Ashley. He was never ever getting another job before he did managing us. He sucked Ashley's hoop long and hard for giving him that. He'd do the same again and Ashley knows it. It's another level of incompetence that makes it harder for him to be questioned. Another blind lunatic to carry out the work no sane person would.

If this Kinnear thng has substance it's not only a worry that he's totally f***ing s*** and has no clue what so ever, it's more of a worry we'll have another Ashley Yes Man helping to f*** things up.

Aye that's the thing, the DOF has to be a complete non yes man or it simply doesn't work. But in the ages of multi billionaire owners, that's all they do, surround themselves with yes men.

:lol: It's like they sat down at a board meeting and thought, "what else can we do to f*** this club over even more than we already have?". No other explanation seems feasible.

Guest bimpy474

I'm hoping Joe's kids have played a horrible trick on him today.

Unlikely as his son died not that long ago, something that makes you wonder why he would want the hassle of this.

No.

No this isn't real.

Wait!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5ojgwZJoK1qzbdpt.gif

:lol: Phew! I was set to be madder than a motherfucker. All a dream lads! This one is on me.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 1m

Struggling to understand what Joe Kinnear could bring to Nufc, in whatever capacity, aside from chaos.

I like Caulkin - one of us and says what he means.