Sky, Virgin or BT?

Leazes1986

Can't believe Sky is getting rid of the Discovery channels that's probably 50% of what I watch.

They are cost cutting everywhere to ensure their profits don't go down too much with the new TV contract.

Eurosport is part of discovery as well.

Have been on BT for 20+ years, but fed up with their 'new customers only' deal.

So talked to TalkTalk, got a fixed price for 24 months, @ £44, calls, unlimited fibre, with the Ent. package.

Switch over went ok no issues, getting slightly slower fibre @ 35mb, from the 41mb i was getting with BT.

Then the following day BT announce price hike,

Note - I did have BT sports - but got a Firestick and got something added - and am well happy with it.

There may be fun and games when i come to renew in 2 years time - but i'm glad to be rid of BT, money grabbing tw*ts.

Couldn't give two sh*ts about Discovery, but losing Eurosport and all the cycling on other hand :dave:

You can get Eurosport Player for £20 a year at the moment.

Wouldn't that would mean watching it on my small laptop, and through my rubbish 5mb internet connection?

Apparently if anyone is tied to a contract with Sky, this, along with the future March price increase is a breach of contract and you can leave without any penalty.

So talked to TalkTalk, got a fixed price for 24 months, @ £44, calls, unlimited fibre, with the Ent. package.

Switch over went ok no issues, getting slightly slower fibre @ 35mb, from the 41mb i was getting with BT.

Note - I did have BT sports - but got a Firestick and got kodi added - and am well happy with it.

There may be fun and games when i come to renew in 2 years time - but i'm glad to be rid of BT, money grabbing tw*ts.

Are talk talk and BT not ultimately the same company?

I set up a move to talk talk last year. Their service was so utterly crap I cancelled before they even installed it.

Note - I did have BT sports - but got a Firestick and got kodi added - and am well happy with it.

Are talk talk and BT not ultimately the same company?

I set up a move to talk talk last year. Their service was so utterly crap I cancelled before they even installed it.

No.

BT OpenReach which is a separate arm to BT provide the infrastructure which allows BT, TalkTalk, Vodafone, EE etc to provide Broadband, IPTV and Telephone services.

BT OpenReach are utterly clueless.

I'm finally in a position to upgrade my shitty broadband connection. We've been getting flyers for the last two years, advertising gigabit fibre. Suffice to say it has been available until now. As much time as I spend online, I think 1000mb download speeds are probably a bit unnecessary [emoji38]. I'll make do with the 350mb for €50 a month.

Can't believe Sky is getting rid of the Discovery channels that's probably 50% of what I watch.

If they go, I'll finally bin sky. The biggest problem now is that if you want to watch sport you're paying a disgusting amount for it, and even then you only get Sky or BT. I thought the whole point of BT sport being in the market was to drive competition and make it cheaper for consumers, not for them to out compete each other in overpaying for football rights. Can't wait till you can just stream everything, paying £25 a month for 70MB fibre with plusnet is how things should be, if only we could get rid of the stupid line rental charges...

You know how I fixed my Sky TV and broadband deal recenty, folks? I was dead chuffed. I got Sky broadband free for a year, half price line rental for the phone and they halved the basic TV package price for a year. Nice one I thought...

Until I got an email the other day from the two-faced twats advising me that they're increasing the cost of the line rental, and the monthly broadband charge is going up as well. What happened to the deal, I wonder? :rant:

You know how I fixed my Sky TV and broadband deal recenty, folks? I was dead chuffed. I got Sky broadband free for a year, half price line rental for the phone and they halved the basic TV package price for a year. Nice one I thought...

Until I got an email the other day from the two-faced t***s advising me that they're increasing the cost of the line rental, and the monthly broadband charge is going up as well. What happened to the deal, I wonder? :rant:

If your broadband offer was free that should stay regardless of any price increases

Line rental went up by £1.59 so your price increase should be £0.79 per month

Couldn't give two sh*ts about Discovery, but losing Eurosport and all the cycling on other hand :dave:

Wouldn't that would mean watching it on my small laptop, and through my rubbish 5mb internet connection?

Just paid the £20 for the year too, even though ive got about 5 versions of eurosport from around Europe via my satellite dish, it was an excellent deal.

Eurosport Player app is available on most Smart TVs and also Firestick etc. You can get a Firestick for no more than £35 and have Eurosport Player on there, plugged into your TV.

Just paid the £20 for the year too, even though ive got about 5 versions of eurosport from around Europe via my satellite dish, it was an excellent deal.

Eurosport Player app is available on most Smart TVs and also Firestick etc. You can get a Firestick for no more than £35 and have Eurosport Player on there, plugged into your TV.

Do it via Chromecast as well.

Whats the best way to still have all the documentary channels? I like sky sports but right now I only really use it for the cricket and NFL (which I can find elsewhere if needed....) I've looked at BT for TV but I'd have to move to their broadband, and I currently have a great deal with plusnet.