Who were the DOF alternatives?

James

Say the club decided it needed a Director of Football, who would you choose?

I know for a fact that whoever gets posted on here will show the fans would get someone better than that joke.

Glenn Roeder would have been an interesting choice - represented the club as player,  captain,  academy coach and manager,  and although was never management material has a good understanding of the game, supportive of youth coaching, and not such a forceful personality in that he would obstruct Carr and the manager in their work.

either a foreign DOF that understands good football and can demonstrate being successful at delivering it or just a good manager that can actually think strategically and tactically. We went for a neither approach and now have two clueless cunts running the whole of the footballing side of the club - Carr will probably leave, he will be recommending top technical talent and being told to look for taller players

:lol: You can tell Ashley just read about this position on Saturday night or something. He'd just had a shipment of Ellesse trainers arrive at his Hull depot. He was chatting to one of the captains of the row boats that brought them across who was talking about this director of football role. He thought, wow, how continental, that'll match my new Italian trainer pile on the far left of my new store. I'll get someone like that at Newcastle.

Guest neesy111

Dein is probably the most accomplished football administrator of the last few decades.

Arsenal haven't recovered since he left, been a massive loss to Wenger as well as Arsenal.

Glenn Roeder would have been an interesting choice - represented the club as player,  captain,  academy coach and manager,  and although was never management material has a good understanding of the game, supportive of youth coaching, and not such a forceful personality in that he would obstruct Carr and the manager in their work.

That's not the worst idea you've ever had.

It's not a good idea, I'm just saying it's not the worst you've ever had.

Ashley probably just hired Kinnear to force Pardew to resign, so he wouldn't have to pay up his ridiculous contract. Then, when Kinnear hires himself as manager, he's sacked for some legal technicality, and Ashley brings in some other cockney.

Ashley probably just hired Kinnear to force Pardew to resign, so he wouldn't have to pay up his ridiculous contract. Then, when Kinnear hires himself as manager, he's sacked for some legal technicality, and Ashley brings in some other cockney.

Would be ideal scenario actually.

And to answer the thread question, there was never an alternative.

Frank Arnesen would have been a descent shout. Currently available, well respected within the game with good links both in England and Europe, speaks excellent English blah blah blah.

But no, seriously though, Kinnear's WWAAYYYYYY better like