Rich Sheiks move closer to Liverpool takeover.

Parky

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1963261,00.html

"Liverpool are on the verge of a new era after the chairman and majority shareholder, David Moores, granted Dubai International Capital permission to undertake due diligence in anticipation of a £450m takeover of the Anfield club.

Moores and his chief executive, Rick Parry, have granted DIC, a company owned by Dubai's ruling Maktoum family, the exclusive right to study the club's books despite rival propositions drawn up by, among others, the US businessman George Gillett Jr - formerly owner of the Harlem Globetrotters - and the Belfast-based construction tycoon John Miskelly.

Although the finer details of any deal with DIC will only become clear once due diligence has been carried out, it is understood that Moores has agreed to drop his initial valuation of the club to about £170m. That will see him accept about £4,500 a share - rather than £6,000 - with his majority 51% stake to be diluted."

This is serious money and will no doubt help Liverpool cement themselves as perenial top 4 candidates.

....and once Arsenal get their money worries back in order over the next couple of years, it looks like the top 4 will be neigh on impossible for the rest to break into as the seasons go by.

Guest Darth Toon

it is understood that Moores has agreed to drop his initial valuation of the club to about £170m. That will see him accept about £4,500 a share - rather than £6,000 - with his majority 51% stake to be diluted."

Compare and contrast with the attitude of our illustrious leader....

Is it too late to get in touch with this lot and try and persuade them our way - perhaps a maktoumforthetoon.com website needs setting up??  :winking:

No doubt there's an LUFC fans forum somewhere with someone posting "Be careful what you wish for" on it.  I'm glad we don't get drawn into long & boring debates about our Board here  bluebiggrin.gif

When the breakaway Euro league comes and it will, we will have little chance of being in it the way things are going. bluesigh.gif

The craic will be mighty when we form our own superleague with Cliftonville and Aberdeen  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

"Liverpool are on the verge of a new era after the chairman and majority shareholder, David Moores, granted Dubai International Capital permission to undertake due diligence in anticipation of a £450m takeover of the Anfield club.

Moores and his chief executive, Rick Parry, have granted DIC, a company owned by Dubai's ruling Maktoum family, the exclusive right to study the club's books despite rival propositions drawn up by, among others, the US businessman George Gillett Jr - formerly owner of the Harlem Globetrotters - and the Belfast-based construction tycoon John Miskelly.

Although the finer details of any deal with DIC will only become clear once due diligence has been carried out, it is understood that Moores has agreed to drop his initial valuation of the club to about £170m. That will see him accept about £4,500 a share - rather than £6,000 - with his majority 51% stake to be diluted."

This is serious money and will no doubt help Liverpool cement themselves as perenial top 4 candidates.

....and once Arsenal get their money worries back in order over the next couple of years, it looks like the top 4 will be neigh on impossible for the rest to break into as the seasons go by.

sounds more like he's cutting and running. I thought they were in the middle of stadium relocation, why sell before that's complete?

probably knows Anfield was built on a toxic waste dump or something

Guest Invicta_Toon

When the breakaway Euro league comes and it will, we will have little chance of being in it the way things are going. bluesigh.gif

how the feck does a bottom 4 club get into a Euro league pray tell?

and it's bollocks, studies show travelling fans and TV watchers woudln't pay for regular ManUre v RealMadrid fixture lists

sounds more like he's cutting and running. I thought they were in the middle of stadium relocation, why sell before that's complete?

probably knows Anfield was built on a toxic waste dump or something

cos Liverpool need this mega dosh to build this new stadium!

Like I said, I thought they were in the middle of doing it, i.e. already had the finance

they have the planning permission, and have a grant - but that only covers so much, the whole cost is way way above the money already in place I do believe.

The article is wrong about the amount of debt the club is in though. They are skewing the figures - I think its cos they have taken the distorted figures that arsewank Steve Morgan was using, when he was trying to buy the club. They are adding onto the dept moneys from premiership games yet to be played, but are budgeted for.

Guest Ridzuan

Every now and then,there will always be a news about a takeover on one of the Premiership club.I wonder which team will be next.Anyway,back to the topic,I dont think a takeover for Liverpool is necessary at the moment.

Guest Armchair Pundit

I thought a consortium from the far east had already bought or was going to buy the gypsy thieving scouse gets  blueconfused.gif

No doubt there's an LUFC fans forum somewhere with someone posting "Be careful what you wish for" on it.  I'm glad we don't get drawn into long & boring debates about our Board here  bluebiggrin.gif

Very good as usual, Kitman - we all know that Liverpool fans will be most unlikely to have any qualms about the Arabs taking them over ; as for some NUFC fans, well, it looks like they aren't going to have the CHOICE as to whether they worry about a takeover any more..!

Every now and then,there will always be a news about a takeover on one of the Premiership club.I wonder which team will be next.Anyway,back to the topic,I dont think a takeover for Liverpool is necessary at the moment.

To have any chance of competing at the top it is, and also to have any chance of funding this new bigger stadium (which is a part of competing at the top) it is.

I've been against a takeover in the past due to those wanting to take over! The mere mention of Steve Morgan makes me want to punch someone (preferably him). And a couple years ago there where strong rumours about that Thaksin Shinawatra wanting to buy the club, and again - that was something people where totally against for very good reasons.

But now, I think of all the offers that have come to light, this is the one that most seem comfortable with.

The next year or two is a very crucial time for the PL. There are four or five teams who are committed mainly for financial reasons in pushing for a Euro Super league and this is the main aim of the G12 (or whatever the no is now). The clubs missing out on the initial quote of 3/4 from each league will find it increasingly difficult to get in later on as the financial gap will continue to broaden.

Needless to say there are huge sponsorship deals in the wings from multinational outfits ready to back a breakaway with or without Uefa.

Guest Ridzuan

To have any chance of competing at the top it is, and also to have any chance of funding this new bigger stadium (which is a part of competing at the top) it is.

I've been against a takeover in the past due to those wanting to take over! The mere mention of Steve Morgan makes me want to punch someone (preferably him). And a couple years ago there where strong rumours about that Thaksin Shinawatra wanting to buy the club, and again - that was something people where totally against for very good reasons.

But now, I think of all the offers that have come to light, this is the one that most seem comfortable with.

I do remember Mr Thaksin's plans for a takeover at the club.Thank god it didnt happen.Look at his position now.

Guest shearer_united

Can Belgravia REALLY change newcastle in a good way ?

Do they have the finance to turn things around and get world-class players and a great manager ? (like Sir Bobby)